✦ thirty-one ✦

( post-show )

( post-show )

rylee sucked in a deep breath, her foot tapping against the floor as the orchestra played the music for curtain call. sweat was beaded all along her hair line, which only made the nauseous feeling she had to increase in energy. she didn't know what would come after the show was over, but she did know she had to get on stage to bow.

she tripped when rounding the corner of the area between backstage and the actual set. the audience laughed and began to cheer louder. rylee crossed a foot in front of the other and bent at her waist, her hands clasped together and a grinning expression.

ben blushed when he saw her come out to bow. he didn't feel nauseous at all, but light. and happy and excited for what was to come after the show. having kissed her was enough to cause this elevation, but the aftermath just in heightened it.

rylee intertwined her hands with taylor and kyle, who stood on either side of her. they motioned to the orchestra, the stage crew backstage, and finally the lighting crew in the back of the theater.

as they were walking off stage, rylee grabbed taylor's hand again and pulled her off to the side.

"what's up?" taylor looked awkward in her costume, considering it was a ginormous neck brace and a fancy dress. but she looked all-in-all serious, with her hands planted on her hips and her eyebrows knitted together.

"he kissed me." rylee tensed up as she spoke, but when the words rolled off her tongue, her shoulders dropped and a smile grew. she raised her hands up in the air and clapped them together. "he kissed me! taylor; he kissed me!"

taylor laughed loudly, rylee snorting at herself. "that's amazing! finally!"

rylee spun around and jumped up: he kissed her! why was she feeling nauseous about it still? he obviously liked her- or he felt bad because he knew, so he just kissed her in the moment.

she frowned again and closed her eyes. taylor noticed her looking exhausted and hugged her. "he kissed you, rylee. people don't just do that for shits and giggles. now, go stage door, and then, get 'em!"

rylee shed her jacket and shoes as she stumbled up the steps to her dressing room. she dropped her things off to her dresser, who hung them up, and quickly helped to take off her wig. she went to the stage door in a t-shirt and jeans, her hair wild and all over the place.

she felt bad for rushing through the line, but when she saw ben walking down the street- away from the theater- she picked up her pace. rylee grabbed her jacket and purse from her dressing, shoving them on as she ran back down the steps.