✦ twenty-seven ✦

( thursday, april 20, 2018 )

rylee sat at the foot of her front door as she hung up her phone call with ben. she cradled her knees to her chest, leaning her forehead against them as frank wagged his tail beside her. whenever someone was talking or making some sort of noise, he got all giddy because he thought it meant he was getting attention.

the noise that he was hearing was rylee's sobbing.

she couldn't exactly decipher up to this point whether her tears were that of stress rolling off of her body, or happiness that she'd finally opened up to herself and taylor.

earlier that day, taylor had taken her out to coffee and lunch. it had been the blondes plan to confront rylee about the situation with ben, but rylee opened up willingly. she brought up the topic herself and gushed out every word she could muster over her tears.

taylor had helped think through everything calmly, and rylee had come to a final conclusion.

it had taken a lot to get her there, obviously. but, now that she was here, she felt excited and happy to be back in her state before she started realizing she was falling for ben.

rylee sat there for a few more moments until ben knocked on her door. he had the roses in his left hand and a bag of food in his right. when she opened the door, rylee disregarded the items in his hands and practically jumped onto him.

she wrapped her arms around his neck, his fingers grasping the material of his jacket and the hair at the bale of his neck. he dropped the items and held onto her toros, tightly.

frank circled there legs, panting excitedly and squeaking somewhat. he loved ben so, so much and all he wanted was a pat on the head. ben peeked through his closed eyes to see the puppy, and lay a hand on his head.

rylee giggled into ben's shoulder as she opened her eyes to see him attempting to pet her dog.

"sorry," she sheepishly let go of ben and picked up the things he'd dropped.

ben crouched down to pet frank, "you're good. i think we both needed that."

rylee took notice of the roses she was holding and blushed. she remembered the voicemails he'd left her, and the exact one in which he had told her about the flowers. she smelled them sweetly and hugged him again.

he grinned into her shoulder and maneuvered them into her apartment as she held onto him tightly. without realizing it, she began crying again. she unconsciously sobbed as ben shut the apartment door.

"oh, no, sh, no, please don't cry." ben twirled a piece of her hair in his fingers. he made the decision to lightly lift her up into his arms, mumbling, "here. let's sit down."

he sat them down on the couch, where rylee continued to hold onto ben.