Chapter 1: Letter

A/N: Ahh. I've been wanting to write this for a while now. Just didn't know how to start. Anyways. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Quan Zhi Gao Shou/The King's Avatar does not belong to me. Butterfly Blue on QiDian does. Check out the original on WebNovel.com

________________________________

"Chairman Ye Jinhua is stepping down as CEO of the Golden Leaf Corporation. It is rumoured that one of his sons will take over the company. No further announcement has been made yet. Just who are his sons and what will this mean for the future of Golden Leaf? In more news..."

Ye Xiu glanced up from his overly abundant amount of forms to the television screen. All that could be heard was the ticking of his watch, the scribbling of his pen, and the faint sound of the news on the TV monitor.

It had been one month since his second retirement from Glory. It was a sad depart but unlike the first time, his circumstances were much better. Although he no longer played Glory 24/7, occasionally during breaks, he would log in for fun and a couple short PVP matches in which they all result in wins.

He may be retire as a pro player and he might be old compared to the newer generation of glory players but he still loved the game.

And due to the pressuring of the rest of the pro community and for his own convenience, he finally got a phone! The newest GL model. The Golden Leaf corporation was after all one of the largest tech companies in China. Although now that means that people would be annoying him on Weibo, WeChat and such, sending him message after message.

Ye Xiu let out a gentle sigh. He glances at the tall stack of envelopes piled on his desk.

Disorganized. Rarely is this word used to describe Ye Xiu. But his mail was this word. Marriage proposals. Fan letters. Bills. Ads. A golden envelope? More bills... Wait, what?

Ye Xiu grabbed the envelope, slightly disturbing the pile. He yanked it out. It had been mildly wrinkled being under the other letters.

A golden envelope addressed to Ye Xiu. He flipped it to the back and saw a gold wax seal with the logo of Glory on it. He found this strange since he had already retired as a pro gamer.

The letter knife glided across the side of the envelope. A letter slid out along with a small VIP Guest badge.

Opening up the letter, a ticket fell out.

To Ye Xiu, leader of the Chinese Glory Team,

In order to commemorate the success of the National Chinese Glory Team's victory in the International Glory Competition, we are inviting you to the new Victory event hosted in the City S indoor stadium. This will be hosted on XX/XX. Please present the ticket and badge at the entrance. You will be directed to the VIP area. We hope that you will enjoy you time there.

The Glory Alliance

He stared at the ticket and then the badge.

Before he could truly process the letter, Ye Qiu burst through the door.

"Ye Xiu! Father wants to meet with you in his office."

"Ah. Ok. I'll be down in a minute." Ye Xiu straightened his papers and patted down his shirt. He slipped the envelope in his pocket.

Unlike how he looked a year ago, he no longer had bags under his eyes.

He actually looked rather prim and proper. Expensive dress pants, bright white collared shirt, high-end leather shoes. His hair was slightly slicked back, except for a few stray hairs that wouldn't stay put. A pair of red reading glasses sat upon the bridge of his nose. Maybe because he stared at a monitor for over a decade 24/7 that his eyes has gotten worse over the years.

He cleaned up rather nicely.

He closed his door and strolled down to the elevator. There was a click, a ping, and a knock.

"Enter."

"Father. You have called for me?"

"Yes. I have come to a decision today." Ye Jinhua looked up from his forms on his desk and turned towards his son.

"Xiu, I am getting older. And someday I would be too old to run my company. Ever since you came back, you have worked diligently. You have shown leadership and drive."

"Thank you father. But what is this about?" Ye Xiu stood idly.

"Golden Leaf will be sponsoring the Victory Event at the City S stadium. At the Victory Event on XX/XX, I will announce my stepping down as CEO. And you will take over as the CEO."

Ye Xiu perked up. Eyes widened and mouth open.

"Wait. You're not picking Ye Qiu instead? He has been here longer than I have!" He protested.

"Ye Qiu is still too green to take over the company. Even though you were gone for over 15 years, you have a drive that even Ye Qiu doesn't have. You made what seemed to be the impossible possible. Plus, paired with your history with Glory, I think you have what it takes to take over this company."

Ye Xiu tried to process the information. Him, the son that ran away from home. Him, the son that obsessively played a game for over a decade. Him, the son that isn't Ye Qiu, just became CEO of the multibillion RMB Golden Leaf Corporation. Ok, well. Not CEO yet. But it still surprised him.

An idea popped into his head.

"Um. Father?"

"Yes Xiu?"

"I received a letter inviting me to the Victory Event." He showed the golden envelope.

"I believe that it would be beneficial for me to attend as the letter asked but then get called up to do the announcement near the end." Ye Xiu suggested.

"That... is a great idea."

Ye Xiu smiled.

"If that is all, I will excuse myself." He turned to open the door.

"And don't forget to prepare a speech!" His father shouted.

"I won't." Ye Xiu letting himself out, waving his hand in the air. The door closed behind him.

Click.

Oh, this is going to be fun.

________________________________
To Be Continued...