Chapter 10: Setup

A/N: wow. Another chapter? U proud of me? XD
________________________________
The big show stopper event was going to take place tomorrow. Meaning Ye Xiu had a whole day to rehearse his lines, well... most of his lines. They were really just key points to bring up. He also decided to scope out the stadium a bit to get a grasp of the layout.

A big entrance requires knowledge of where the possible entry points are afterall.

He was feeling a tiny bit antsy, though his body language conveyed otherwise.

He pushed up his glasses. He couldn't wait for tomorrow.

He spends the rest of the day filling out more paperwork and texting Zhou Zekai. He texted back about how a few of the new trainees were whining because of the new regimen. He chuckled.

Ye Xiu ate his dinner and cleaned up. He plopped down onto his bed, wrapping himself in the clean soft sheets. He set an alarm for himself and sent short goodnight to his beloved. He received a heart back.

Smiling, he set his phone on the nightstand and went to sleep.

His slumber was awoken by the sound of ringing from his alarm. He pried his eyelids open to check the time.

9:15. The whole ceremony wasn't until 10:00 and the event was going to last till 3:45 pm. Afterwards was the interviews and hopefully escaping into the crowd.

He begrudgingly got up and dressed in the national team "coach" attire. He slipped the ticket along with the badge into the confines of his right pocket. Ye Qiu of course was already at the stadium waiting.

And so he took the car and was dropped off near the entrance. The amount of people and reporters were incredible. Almost like it was All-Star week.

He quietly slipped in after showing his ticket to meet with the others. Huang Shaotian was busy rambling off about something while Yu Wenzhou was clamoring to calm him down. The others like Sun Xiang or Wang Jiexi were just sitting with their legs crossed and on their phones.

"Ah. You're here. I was waiting." Zhou Zekai snuck up on him.

"Mm yeah. Ye Qiu would have my head if I didn't show up." He joked.

The others looked at the two.

"Wait... did Zhou Zekai just speak more than a word?!" Huang Shaotian shouted.

"Haa?!" Many of the others were shocked. They didn't need the Samsara translator for him? Since when?!

"Oi, Old Ye! You bastard! Explain!"

Ye Xiu gave a look of indifference, raised his hands and then a shrug. "Hmm... Nope." The others proceeded to restrain the wild blonde from running over and shaking him.

It was now 9:45. People were busy getting into their seats and waiting in excitement for the performance. The program had clearly written out what to expect.

First, the fireworks and light show. Then a quick animation showing the avatars and a compilation of the most iconic moments. Then some fun games with the Chinese Glory team. Afterwords, a short QnA session with the audience using a random number generator. And lastly, a special announcement. Throughout this entire event, dozens upon dozens of fan-submitted fanart showing their support for the team would be displayed on the screens.

There was still a lot of chattering as the team members took their respective seats.

The lights dimmed. It was now 10:00. The event was now going to begin!
________________________________
To be continued...