Chapter 12: Payoff

A/N: Tada
________________________________
Claps echoed back and forth and the audience tried to quiet down.

He brought the mic to his mouth.

"Greeting everyone. I am thankful for all of you allowing me the opportunity to support such a large community and welcoming me on stage." He took a bow.

"As you all already know, I am stepping down from the position of CEO of my company. I'm growing older and wish to live a more peaceful quiet life with my lovely wife."

A short pause for dramatic effect.

"Now there have been rumors circulating as to who my successor is going to be. I'm sure many of you might not know, but I actually have two sons." He gestured towards the stage exits.

Two heads of obsidian black hair pop out from the red velvet curtains in suits.

The everyone else's mouths drop wide open in shock.

THERE'S MORE THAN ONE GOD YE?!

"These are my two sons. Ye Xiu and Ye Qiu." He smiled. The crowd was going crazy.

In fact, most of the national team was confused. Only Zhou Zekai and Su Mucheng was truly unphased.

"I have decided to let my older son Ye Xiu to take over the company."

Ye Qiu sighed in relief.

"Hey hey hey hey Old Ye! Since when did you have a twin brother! And YOU'RE NOW THE CEO OF THE GOLDEN LEAF CORPORATION?!!" Huang Shaotian blurted out, unable to keep silent anymore.

Ye Xiu was handed the mic. "Since I was born." He said cheekily.

Both the spotlights and cameras were focused on Ye Xiu's face and the stadium grew quiet, anxious to hear what their idol wanted to say.

"I've never truly told my story, the full story to many people. I've just been holding it in and bottling it up inside for so many years. But recently, I think I'm ready to answer all of your questions truthfully. I mean, it had to get out sooner or later right?

I ran away from home at the age of 15. It wasn't planned or anything. More of an impulse really. See, my younger twin was preparing to run away. He had a suitcase and everything ready.

When I found out, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't just let him throw away his future like that.

And so I took his luggage and ran. I figured that since I was the older one, my family would treat Ye Qiu gentler. Isn't the older twin supposed to be the screw-up?

I didn't have time to take my own ID so I ran around with his.

I stumbled upon a hot-headed boy about my age and we became best friends. That was Su Mucheng's brother. Su Muqiu. Many younger Glory fan may not remember but, he and I participated in an event a few months before I joined Excellent Dynasty.

He was... special. He was a loveable idiot, crazy obsessed with Glory, and a genius. In fact, One Autumn Leaf's Evil Annihilator, Dancing Rain, and Lord Grim's Myriad Manifestation Umbrella were all his creations.

He unfortunately isn't here anymore. But I continued to play Glory for his sake. I swore that I would win for the both of us.

I took in Su Mucheng as somewhat of a brother to her.

And for the first three championships, I brought Excellent Era to victory. But it was getting tougher the years after that. Many younger new talented players were joining.

And I was... forced to retire. I was stripped of the account that I grew so accustomed to. The account I spent my time leveling up in game with Muqiu.

I didn't know what else to do. I still wasn't satisfied with all I had done. I walked across that street to the small internet cafe, Happy.

And you all know the story afterwards.

What I'm trying to say is that you all can do anything if you pursue that dream. My career has been rocky but now that I'm satisfied. I will put all my efforts into Golden Leaf. I've shared everything about me to you all.

Will you all accept me?" He lowered the mic slowly. The audience were still quiet. He turned around to look at his twin.

As soon as the Ye trio took a step towards the exit, a loud resonating clap was heard. More joined in, followed by loud cheering and bouts of encouragement.

He turned around and did a quick bow. His mouth crinkled up as he smiled.

"Oh and I'm dating Zhou Zekai. Bye~" He ran off.