Chapter 4

Emma walked out of the training room and saw Ty waiting outside the kitchen, like he always did for Livvy, but this time only Kit walked out. Emma thought about going over to him, but then a voice called out to her, she turned to see Julian beckoning her into a room. She followed him into the room. It was Livvy's old room. Julian took her hand and led her to the dresser table, he opened the cupboard and inside was a shining dagger.

"Livvy was always talking about giving you this dagger after she and Ty went to the Schoolmance." said Julian.

Emma went over to touch the dagger but she fell on the tip of the carpet onto Julian who was sitting on the bed. Emma tried to push herself of off him, but he pulled her down. His lips suddenly on hers. Her lips tasted like roses on a summer day. He pushed her on his body, her hands all over him, trying to take in everything. She ran her hand through his luscious curls.

"Emma" He said into her hair.

"We can't do this Jules," she said hoarsely. She gently started to push him away, trying not to look at his face.

He was about to respond when someone knocked on the door. They jumped off each other.

"Who is it" said Julian in a surprised tone.

" It's Tavvy, I am having trouble sleeping Jules, can you sleep with me?"

Julian sighed wearily, Emma thought he looked like he was carrying the weight of the world, which in a sense, he was.

"Yes Tavvy, I will be there in a moment."

He pulled on his shirt, kissed Emma, and left the room. She wanted Julian, her heart throbbed in her chest. She loved him enough to let him go. She pulled herself together also walked out of the room.

***

"We can't do this, Jules." Emma's words echoed in his head as he walked to his guest room with Tavvy. She still wouldn't call him Julian. Emma was saving both of them, while breaking his heart into pieces.

"Jules?" Tavvy looked up. "Will Ty and Dru and you go like Livvy did?" Julian smiled sadly. "No, Tavs, we'll always be here."

"And Emma," Tavvu smiled. "I love Emma. Do you love Emma?" Julian felt like he was suffocating. He tucked Tavvy under the covers.

"Yes," he whispered as he kissed Tavvy's forehead. "I love Emma. I love her more than starlight." 

***

Julian tucked Tavs into his bed and told him sweet stories that calmed Tavvy down, he was so young, Julian thought, to have experienced such sorrow. Tavvy was now scarred for life, Julian pitied him greatly. As soon as Tavvy was fast asleep, Julian got up and headed up to the kitchen, where he saw Ty sulking in a corner, Kit beside him. Drusilla Blackthorn was sitting in a chair with her head down on the table. Mark and Cristina with their heads down and noses touching. Clary and Jace were murmuring softly to each other in another corner of the kitchen.Julian went to the fridge and go out yesterday's leftovers of roast chicken. He cut piece of it and served it with a side of broiled vegetables. All of them barely touched there food or noticed Emma watching them. Emma turned and headed for her room, but when she turned around she saw Kit standing right in front of her. She had forgotten how quickly Kit moved.

"Do you think that Ty will be ok?" He leaned on the doorframe, next to her, hidden from the others.

"Ty will be fine, Kitty, you're sweet to help him out," Emma reassured.

"KITTY. Kitty?" Kit's eye twitched. "Weasel face for Keiran, and now KITTY." He glared. "You have to work on the names." He glanced at Ty for a second, and then walked passed her, to wherever Herondales go to isolate themselves. She was also about to make her exit when Tavvy suddenly grabbed onto her leg.

"EMMA!" he giggled. She smiled and ruffled the dark chocolate curls he shared with Julian.

"Tavs, why don't you go and eat now," she pushed him away gently. He pouted adorably.

"I want you to feed me, Emma," She could feel Julian's eyes burning into her back. So much for a quiet exit.

"Fine." She picked Tavvy up and walked over to Julian. He had already prepared food for all of them, and got all of them settled in, even after he had had lost Livvy. It just made he love him even more. Which didn't much help their situation. Julian scooped up some food with the spoon and started to feed Tavvy, trying to catch her eyes. She swiftly avoided them, turning her attention to how the sunlight caught the blue green shade in his eyes. Wow. That was not helping. Her phone buzzed. All attention in the room turned to her.  She saw a new message. 

EMMA CARSTAIRS. I HAVE INFORMATION YOU NEED. MEET ME OUTSIDE.

The information about Annabel caught her attention. She typed back:

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?

NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

THE INFORMATION I NEED IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS EITHER.

YOU REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS HARD?

YES. I PREFER IT THAT WAY

YOUR NOT GOING TO GET MUCH FARTHER WITHOUT THAT SWORD OF YOURS.

Emma gasped as reached empty spot at her side.

"What is it?" Julian leaned closer to catch a look. She quickly hid the phone on instinct. This conversation seemed....private...whoever this jerk was.

"It's...Cameron." She quickly regretted it when Julian's face fell. She could feel Cristina burning holes into her back. She quickly typed back.

YOU'RE DEAD.

I'LL TAKE THAT AS A YES.

"Sorry, Tavs, I gotta go." Part A in Break-Jules-Heart was going awfully well. Regretfully well. Julian had turned away, avoiding her gaze completely. Shadowhunters have SUCH complicated relationships.