Chapter 11

The grand hall was buzzing with activity. All the famous faces of the city were seen enjoying the party thrown by none other than Rayyan Ahmed Khan. He hadn't celebrated his businessman of the year award and this party was given for this achievement. Haseeb looked at the crowd and then at the host sitting in a corner right in front of the bar. He was a part of the crowd. Still he was standing out. Haseeb took a deep breath and reached his side.

Haseeb was with him when he was planning Noor's freedom and Regina's downfall. How Rayyan finished all that by using few of his contacts. Noor was in safe hands he knew but Haseeb was not at peace. It was meant to be this way only. The girl was colliding with everything Rayyan had ever believed in and as expected this didn't set well with Rayyan. He had sent her away just to take a control over his mind and life again. First he trapped Regina and made her release the apology. But this was not enough. He pulled the bigger guns and the result was in front of them.

So much just to get rid of Regina? Haseeb couldn't believe it. Rayyan was in denial but somewhere he had done this so that Noor could get back to her normal life. But Rayyan would never ever admit it. Haseeb knew it.

Rayyan was discussing an upcoming venture with one of his business associates with a drink in his hand. He was feeling relieved on getting his sanity back. This is who he was. This is what his world was. Noor wasn't good for him and his beliefs so he had to send her away and he had no regrets. He had asked the higher authorities to keep his involvement in this case a secret. No one should know he was involve in exposing Regina or he had kept Noor in his house for almost two weeks. He had cleared himself from all this mess. And now life was back on track. He was back to his normal self. Back to being him.

But this was not easy to even admit to himself that around Noor, he was somewhere acting different from himself.

As soon as the man left his side, Haseeb sat close to him with his eyes focused right at his.

"Why I think this party isn't for your almost three weeks old achievement. Celebrating something else. Eh?"

Rayyan looked at Haseeb with his piercing gaze. He didn't want to talk about this. Not now at least.

"This is our party, Haseeb. I will appreciate if you stop asking me stupid questions and concentrate on the guests."

Haseeb sighed. He knew if he didn't want to talk about something it was next to impossible to make him do it. He silently got up and soon stood close to guest with a smile on his face performing his duty.

------------------------

The constables had recorded her statement and she didn't hid anything from them. She told them about her so called marriage with Sarmad and how he turned out to be Regina's right hand. How Regina treated her violently and how she ended up at Rayyan Ahmed Khan 's house. The man nodded and completed the investigation process. She could see they hadn't asked her about Rayyan at all. She had a clue why. Why a selfish man like him would want to land himself in trouble. He had used his position well and now he was nowhere close to this case. Noor hadn't expected anything else either. The way he had insulted her was a clear indication he didn't want her to return to him ever. As if she would go. She was better off without that man close to her. She had started regretting even asking him for help. Her self respect was bruised badly. She was in need that time and that made her vulnerable. She wanted a secure place where Regina and her men won't be able to find her and his house was the only place she had that time.