Chapter 19

The window opening to the plush lawn of Zirwa's house was basking in the early sun rays. The morning held a calm in it. A peace. Offering something new. That's what nature does best. Always giving us something. Offering us plenty. But we are not ready. Most of the times. Or oblivious.

All of the times.

The bed-sheets were without any creases telling the tale of a night spent being awake. The prayer mat close by was folded neatly and in the far corner of the room stood Noor deep in thoughts.

She couldn't sleep all night. After returning from the event Zirwa had tried to engage her in the conversation about the night events but Noor knew she wouldn't be able to partake in any thing that time. She straight went to the guest room and once inside exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Life came in full circle. And she was realizing the truth of this saying more than she'd ever had. Facing her past was no biggie. She knew no matter how enormous the demons were but she was stronger than them. But the one person from her past she had never thought would come straight to her, was now here.

And there was something in him which was telling her he'd gone through a storm. A storm which had left him battered. But the effects were not something someone would expect.

He was. Changed.

This change was welcoming.

And she was terrified.

Last night when he stood in front of her, his eyes were speaking tales she didn't want to know.

But still want to know.

It was like he was an altogether new person. She had no idea about his life and what he was up to but what was really messing with her head, was his interest in her.

Why was he so determined to talk to her? The person she had met months back wouldn't have spared two minutes of his life for her.

But this one. It seemed as if he had eyes just for her. She had felt him noticing her every gesture last night.

It was unnerving. And more than that it scared her.

The changed Rayyan Ahmed Khan wasn't setting well with her. He seemed to wanting to say a lot. But why? When they parted ways it was like a complete closure for them. Both being the chapter of each other's life they rather not open.

Then why it suddenly felt like he had started taking her like a book rather than a chapter. A book he so wanted to read.

Too bad because she would remain closed. He wasn't going to get to her. Whatever he had on his mind she didn't care. She just didn't want anything to do with him.

As she made it clear to herself for the umpteenth time, there was still a part of her who wanted to test the forbidden.

To read his life book as well.

With a deep sigh Noor stood up and went out of the room.

___________________

"So you are trying to tell me, you met the girl you were pining after for months, she gave you a cold shoulder and asked to be alone, and you being the obedient lad you never were before, agreed? How is that even an option? You finally got her, RAK. Stop being a dunce, Bud!"