Chapter 22

"You sure you'll be fine without me? I mean all this piling up work.."

Zirwa's hand stopped doing whatever she was doing with her hair. She turned away from the mirror and faced Noor who was sitting on her bed zipping her hand carry. Noor heaved a sigh.

"Can you drop it? I can definitely take care of things here."

"I know that! But there's so much work and I don't want to burden you."

"It won't be a burden for me. You know that, don't you?"

Zirwa nodded slowly knowing too well how invested Noor was in organization related work. That was the thing Zirwa liked about her a lot. She never backed off from anything which was given to them, no matter how hard it was. That was the reason Zirwa was able to plan this visit to head office in Islamabad even though the work was ever loading.

The school was in the middle of its construction and things were going as smoothly as they could hope. And the major credit went to none other than Rayyan. His presence had proven to be a blessing to them. He was always there to solve any issue which arose. Any problem which they had to face. The issues kept on surfacing but they were a bunch of determined people and they had dealt with it all.

It had been over half a month since the construction started. The people of the village were hopeful. They could see a new phase starting for their children specially their daughters. They were more accepting of new ideas and were now thankful to all of them.

Things were going in a good direction.

The head office had summoned her to report them on the progress of the project and she had to oblige. It was a three day stay and she wanted to wind up as much work as she could. The school wasn't just the only thing they were working on. There were women educational programs, enlightening on the basics of childbirth and the necessary precautions. Also they had recently started a program for infant nutrition and they were guiding the mothers to follow it. A team of competent nutritionists was coming to their aid in a week's time and then there was work to get rid of villagers old age beliefs. It was the most difficult task but they were getting somewhere.

Zirwa knew in all this the one person she could rely upon was Noor. The girl was with her through everything. They had formed an understanding where they didn't need to voice out their thoughts. It was a gradual process but to think of it, Zirwa had a firm belief that they were always meant to be friends. And they were now. Best friends. Confidants.

And this was the reason Zirwa knew where to draw the line. She was still confuse about Noor and Rayyan's relationship, if there was any. Though they both had been civil to each other these past few weeks. But still there was an underneath chemistry Zirwa could sense. She had seen Rayyan looking at Noor with the eyes which spoke volumes but she wasn't just going to make Noor uncomfortable by asking this. Noor wasn't very open about her past with Rayyan. The one time she opened up and that was it. Zirwa knew they both needed time. And she hoped at the end it would all be in their favor.

"Zirwa!"

Noor left the bag on Zirwa's bed and stood in front of her.

"Stop worrying, okay? I'm here. I'll take care of everything. You just go tell the higher authorities just how much hard work we've been putting here. They should know about our team work."