New York to London

"Hey baby girl!" My dad, who had been calling me baby girl for the past year, said happily as I continued to pack boxes from my apartment.

"Hi daddy." I answered with a slight frown on my face. I didn't know how to tell him. I already had told my step mom, my mom and my whole family but my dad. It was going to be hard. I mean we weren't too closer but close enough that I would miss him like crazy. I love him. I loved my family but I needed to get away.

"You know, we haven't changed your room if you want to come and visit, you know?" James, my dad, told me. When I was 12 years old, my dad always told me that I would change my mind, and that I wouldn't want to move to New York City from the country. He would tell me: "It's crazy isn't it. People don't need to be piled up on each other that's why they need all of this open space to breath." Dad would move his arms around when he talked.

"I know, Dad. But the reason why I had called-" I began but was cut off.

"Don't tell me your moving. Not again. Please, don't tell me. You're 18 years old, Kaitlin!" I could tell my dad voice was firm and being angry to hide the fact that he was about to cry. He sighed.

"I'm 18 years old, dad! I'm a grown up now." I hated to say that. I hated the thought that I had to grow up. Growing up is overrated but to me, a lot of things our overrated.

He sighed. "Where on earth are you moving to now?"

"London, England." I replied with a sigh in return.

He hung up. Didn't tell me bye or anything. Just hung up.

I sighed and felt tears gather in my eyes, like my mother, I'm a easy crier.

"Hey slut." My best friend, Savanna or Savvy, walked into my apartment and began to pack up boxes.

"Hey whore." I couldn't help but to laugh at the names we call each other. "How are you?" Her southern accent wasn't as strong as mine could be at points. Like if I a say 'thing' is comes out 'thang.'

Sav, who was moving to London,England with me, had been my best friend since the 5th grade. We did everything together. And now, were going to uni together. We're going to live together after uni too! I can't wait really.

"How did ole' daddy take it?" She asked as she packed up one of the few last boxes.

"He hung up on me." I whispered. She looked at me.
"I'm okay." I muttered and looked back at my YouTube book, which I wrote all of my notes in for my YouTube channel, which will not be named at the moment. I am now a vlogger, a short film maker, a wondered.

Oh! My nickname, it's Alice. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, very pale skin and I daydream all the time along with wondering.

"He'll be okay." Savvy promised. She rolled her eyes and looked at the window where it was raining. It seemed to always rain or snow in New York City.

"Yeah, okay." I muttered and brushed my hair back. Savanna was a tan girl, with brown eyes and brown hair.

"Hey, look on the bright side, you're single. I'm single. Guys with British accents. What do you say?" Savvy laughed and I laughed along with her. "Don't tell me, you'll probably date on of those emo people that you find 'Oh so lovable.'" She mocked my tone. "That are tan." Savvy laughed at held up my arm it was pale like me.

"Maybe they will listen to my 'Weird music.'" I mocked Savanna's tone. She laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Muse sounds weird to me!" Savanna told me.

"M-M-Mad-mad-mad-madness." I sang.

"Oh shut your face." Savanna told me in a ghetto like tone.

I finished packing my last box.

"Next stop London, England."