I remember that December

"Holiday?"

"Vacation."

"Pavement?"

"Sidewalk."

"Lift?"

"Elevator."

"America is weird."

"England is weird."

Me and Dan continued to bicker back and forth until Dan cut me off and said something but made my heart jump.

"My parents don't know about you." Dan told me all of a sudden.

"Why didn't-" I began to say looking less hurt then I really was but I then realized I hadn't even told my parents yet either. "Mine don't either." Dan looked more relived then hurt.

"They don't know a lot about me." Dan replied as he turned to the window which we had been staring out of while talking until Dan turned to me and told me about the whole parents thing.

It had been about four or five months since me and Dan began to date and Jack hadn't really been around me since Dan threw him down the stairs the night of the party. It was now December and every now and then Phil would yell at me to get my coat on and go outside and play in the snow with him. I've never see a kid-I mean man child love snow that much. He buys Christmas decoration like crazy. But that's not the point: It was time for holiday, Dan and I want to go to our parents houses but we on totally different countries. Which, of course, was a problem.

'Its just two weeks.' I would tell myself but I don't know what I would do without seeing those big brown eyes for a whole two weeks. I was in a daze of thought staring off in space when Dan spoke:

"Why don't you stay with me for one week and then I'll stay with you?"

"Okay." I thought for a moment before speaking once more.

"My dad-" I began but stopped myself before saying anything else. Dan looked at me. He looked-almost worried.

"He hates me already." Dan muttered as he stood up.

----PLANE TIME TO MY HOUSE----

"Kaitlin!" My little sister, Carly, yelped as she saw me and Dan walk off the plane hand in hand. Dan quickly let go of my hand when he saw my dad.

I looked at my family and I saw a little bit.

Hannah, 15 year old, step sister.

Daimler, 12 years old, step brother.

Carly, 5 years old, half sister.

Then my mom, step mom and then my dad.

They may look normal but don't be tricked. They're just as crazy as me.

They still don't know-well about my forearm.

I won't ever tell probably.

My mom knows.

Savanna knows.

No one cares.

I know I don't.

Oh well I haven't in a while like since I was in the 6th grade.

We're not talking about it.

Once we to to my house Dan and I put our things into our bedrooms, of course a part from each other, we're staying on my dad's house for one half of the week and then my mom's on the other half of the week.

My bedroom is still it's vintage self and then Dan is staying in the basement bedroom.

"Hey Katie! Dan! Dinner is ready!" Carla yelled from the kitchen. All I heard was Dan running up the stairs two by two as I ran to the kitchen as well. Dan ran past me causing me to fall.