Party

About a month had pasted since I got to collage, as us Americas call it, there hadn't been that much drama, that much had started, besides the fact that Savanna and Phil had became a 'thing' meaning: they were dating. As for me and well-Dan, I hadn't gotten much more than a hug. Which, for me, was okay I guess because he wouldn't like-like me for a while until we got to know each other, which was smart, if you ask me, because well, I used to fall for someone before I knew them and get my heart broken when I got broken up with. I didn't want, nor need, a boyfriend at the moment.

I was sitting in the corner of my bedroom of my dorm when my door was opened by non-other than my best friend Dan Howell. I turned around to find him and I gave a genie smile. He returned one after a moment or so. He looked nervous, not as nervous as he was when we first met, and walked towards when he let out a light laugh.

"Are you punishing yourself?" Dan wondered out-loud as I sat in the corner.

"No. Just thinking." I replied with a light giggle.

"Meaning, you punished yourself?" Dan gave me the must puzzled looked. I shook my head and stood up. I was wearing sweat pants, a baggy t-shirt, a hoodie and my hair up in a messy bun. But the good news was, that we, me and Savanna, got all of our stuff from America about two weeks ago. I had all of my clothes and pictures and such. "Then what?" Dan went on.

"I sit in the corner when I think." I replied as I made my way other to my closet.

"Okay." I heard Dan tell me in a light and airy tone and put his hands up in defense. "Anyway," he shifted his weight around until he was behind me. "I was wondering-you know, these guys are having a party and I need a someone to go with and I thought that was a dumb idea to ask you but I was wondering if you would go with me to that part because I don't want to go by myself." Dan voice had speed up to a hundred miles an hour it seemed. I turned around to face Dan and I gave a light laugh.

"What?" We both said at the same time. My voice was more of a laughing one and his was more like a 'oh my gosh what did I do wrong' voice.

"Okay," he took a deep breath and let it go. "Will you go to a party with me...as friends?" Dan gave me a begging look as if I would say no. "Or more." He muttered as he looked to the window as if I didn't hear it at all.

"Okay." I smiled a little bit and me, my awkward self, kissed Dan Howell's cheek. His whole face should have just been covered in pink paint. Dan nodded a little bit, made his way to the door and turned around and said: "What time?"

"Pick you up at 8:00pm, Roscoline." A smirk was dancing on Dan's lips. He made his way out the door as I hurried to get ready. It was already 5:30pm. No doubt Savanna wouldn't be going. I hurried to get ready.

I showed. I put on light make-up after fixing my hair, which was braided with a blue bandana with black and white plaid wrapped around the top of my hair and tied into a bow at the top. I put on black converse, blue-jean shorts that weren't to short but not long but modest and a matching flannel shirt to my bandana. I looked pretty cute. I looked at my alarm clock: 7:30pm. I bit my lip finding myself being a little bit nervous and I found myself a nice looking corner and I sat. 'What if I don't look good enough? What if I don't look good enough for Dan? What if I don't know how to dance? What if Dan gets drunk? What if Savanna gets drunk and tells Dan something like 'My best friend Katie loves you!' Wait. What? Okay. Yeah. Okay. You're crazy. You like Dan. I like Dan. Oh no. Oh yeah.' A knock. A knock at the door. Dan.

I got up and I opened to the door to find Dan standing there with his hands in his pockets. "Hey." He gave a awkward wave. He didn't make eye contact which made me worry a little bit. But when he glance up, his face brightened a little bit. "Woah." He breathed out and I couldn't help but to smile a little bit.