A book a day keeps the dan away

"Why are you reading?" Dan questioned me as if I was a freak. He stared at the book, which was The City Of Ember, and then pulled it from my hands as I entered his dorm room. Dan tossed it into his bedside table.

"I would fetch that if I hadn't already read it four times before." I replied as if it was no big deal yet really I wanted to get my book back. I reaches for it but Dan gave a playful death glare. I barley touch it and he growled. My eyes-widened playfully before I pulled my hand away. A smile creeped onto Dan's lips as he sat on his bed. I suddenly felt awkward as did Dan. He blushed as did I and he stood up.

"Oh, I-um-how is your dorm?" Dan's voice cracked a little bit, like he was nervous.

"Good. Savvy is the only person I know. It's weird being like the only American in the dorm, that we share with eight other..British people?" I fiddled with my fingers like I always did when I was worried or nervous.

"We prefer Britain." He rolled his eyes and looked away, pretending to pout but I didn't know that not thinking twice on just about anything, ever. I walked over to Dan, let around him t his back side where I could see his closed eyes while he went on to cross his arms with a pout. Dan opened an eye to glance at me.

"I-I didn't mean any-any harm." I whispered. I looked up at Dan with a begging 'Forgive me' look. "Pwease forgive me." I begged, he got to my height which was about an inch or two below him, he looked into my blue eyes with those beautiful brown loving ones of his. Dan closed his eyes and began to lean in. 'What? No, don't. You just met. You're ugly. You can't be with someone like Dan. Have you seen yourself?' I thought. I had to get out of that quick, meaning instead of making things awkward, I grabbed my book. When Dan realized that I had my book in hand, I smile a little bit, winked and then ran. We ran around his room with him chasing me grabbing at the book but never getting close enough to get! it. After about ten minutes, Dan, who was panting, chased me all the way into Phil's bedroom where I found Phil and Savanna sitting on Phil's bed watching a disney movie. Lilo and Stitch. The lights were out, I had seen that Phil and Savanna were pretty close to one other and I knew I would never hear the end to it when Savanna almost had a kiss with him. I was standing up, watching the movie, when Dan then ran into Phil's room where he ran right into me. I yelped as I landed on the floor with a 'Thud' I gasped even more when Dan fell over me, but catching himself before crushing me.

"Hey there." Dan laughed. That awkward laugh he does when he is uncomfortable or embarrassed. He climbed off of me as Phil snapped a picture while Savanna continued to laugh. I bit my lip, my face bright pink as he helped me up.

"Ah!" Phil yelped as Dan tackled him for his phone. I tackled Savanna for the fun of it. She grabbed my wrist by mistake and I yelped a little bit in pain. Savanna soon let go and looked at me as if saying 'I'm sorry. I forgot.' I nodded, closed my eyes, feeling tears welling up in them and then looked at Dan and Phil who were staring at me. I felt dizzy, I didn't think, I just ran. I ran all the way to my dorm where I ran all the way upstairs, into my bedroom and then landed onto my bed. I didn't hold back the tears, since I was alone, I began to cry. I was in pain, my arm was bleeding, Dan probably thought I was emo and it hurt from the memories.

After about ten straight minutes of crying I heard my door open with a light knock, thinking it was savanna I yelled: "Get out!" As I chocked on my tears. I sat up not to see Phil but to find the boy, the boy who was on the plane. The one who kiss me. I growled a little bit, my make-up washing over my cheeks, black rivers under my eyes as well.

"I heard you crying." Jack, who looked worried at first, told me. I shook my head as if saying 'I'm sorry.' My whole shirt was spotted with blood but I was to distressed to care at the moment. I couldn't think straight.

"I'm fine. Go away." I demanded with a light growled before pushed Jack off my bed. He hit the floor. Jack stood up. He looked angry.

"You're the girl from the plane." Jack growled, he pulled back his hand as if he was about to punch me, I gasped and block my face with my hands. Jack stopped, I trembled a little bit. "Tell that boyfriend of your's that I will-" Jack began as he got really close to my face, I stood up, he came closer. Closer and closer until I was backed up against the wall, and his hands were on both sides of my face.

"Will what?" A voice interrupted at the door. Dan. Dan, who looked angry stepped towards Jack.

"You need your boyfriend to take up for you?" Jack spat at me.

"Shut up." I whispered as I glanced up from my wrist to Jack. He glanced at my wrist, his lips formed into a smirk, he grabbed my hand and stretched my arm out. I looked horrified and on the verge of tears all in one moment. Jack's lips reach my cuts, he seemed to kiss each one all the way up my arm where at one point he reach my lips. I growled and pushed him way before slapping him, hard. Jack went to hit me but Dan grabbed him by the back of his shirt collar and threw him into the hallway. I slammed my door and locked it. Dan just seemed to stare at me. I looked at my wrist, ashamed and in pain. A tear fell from my eye and onto my wrist, it hurt but I shook it anyway. "Don't cry." I demanded myself in a light whisper. I couldn't help but to feel weak. I felt myself began to crumble to the ground, but before I hit the ground a pair of arms catch me. I'm pulled onto my bed, my head is laid in Dan's lap and my hair is brushed away from my face. "I'm-I'm sorry, I'm not emo." I promised as tears rolled over my pale cheeks. Dan's eyes gathered tears. He held me tight and didn't say anything. I fell asleep in Dan's arms and didn't move at all.

I woke up the next morning with Dan's eyes watching me and his hair was curled. I turned over to face him, he had been smiling. I looked at his hair and giggled a little bit. It was cute.

"Hobbit hair." Dan quickly let go of me. I gave a puzzled look.

"My curly hair." Dan explained. I nodded a little bit.

"I like it." I told Dan.

Okay. It's short. I'm sorry! Is anyone reading my fanfiction?

Please comment!

God bless you and everyone!