Chapter 3

The night was long and hot. I was restless. Apparently Vikings spent most of their nights dancing getting drunk. Sometimes it felt as if they were inside the tent with me. I thought this was for the better. I wouldn't want Ubbe, or any of them to find me sleeping. I made the bed and waited for it to be day again. My head hurts and my stomach feels empty. Despite being scared, I couldn't stop thinking about food. I felt so anxious, I day dreamed about slamming my head against the floor, to stop this overwhelming anxiety.
Ubbe walked into my tent, and told me to hurry up and get to Ivar. I did as I'm told but, Ubbe followed close behind. When I got to Ivar's tent he was just beginning to wake up, and he was groaning more often than Normal. Ubbe urges me to walk to his bed, with his hands before leaving me alone. I walked close and only tapped Ivar shoulder and then quickly backed up. He turns slowly and sits up. He rubs his hands on his face. "Take me to that chair." He points to the middle of the room, his eyebrows are drown closer and his eyes were glowing. Something tells me he was in pain. I thought touching him again, and taking it away, but he doesn't deserve it. Instead, I grabbed a shirt and wrapped it around my hand that held him and took him to the chair.
Suddenly, he points at his armor, laying on the other side of the bed, "wash them," he says, I grab the armor and forced myself to breathe throw my mouth, the stench was making me light head. Before I left I watched him reach for a second pair of armor and he bagan putting it on. I walked outside, and immediately my heart stopped. The sun was brighter than usual, the world seemed louder. Men were shouting and I could somehow hear, faint voices of women. Ahead of me, I could see buckets and a second girl was washing someone else's armor. I walked towards her and I greeted her the moment I was close enough. I could use someone I could relate to right now, but she doesn't greet me back. She continues to scrub.
I just let it pass and began scrubbing the armor and sword. The amount of blood that Girl was scrubbing off was nothing compared to what Ivars had. Skin pieces remain on the armor- I got the girl staring at it a couple of times, yet she never looked at me.
I finished an hour and a half later, my hands felt heavy after and my legs shake from how long I was on my knees. I walked into his tent again, holding the clean armor. He was having a very important meeting and I regret my timing.
"It's fine, just leave it right there." Ivar says, looking at me before dismissing me with his hands and retreating back to his conversation. I was about to leave a tent when they stopped talking again, "where do you think you're going? He says, I froze. "No where, I-uh..." I say stuttering and I felt so stupid In front of all of them. Ivar tells me to stand next to him, while he spoke with his brothers a couple men from the army. Bjorn wanted to return home already with the gold they had stolen, Ivar was disagree but by the end of the meeting, they decided to leave. Everyone left once again, and it was just Ivar and I.
"There's food on the table. Eat it if you want." I eyed the food, and then him again. His head rested on the chair and he seemed serious. I wondered if this was a trick. "Eat it or starve!" He says, I gasp and I stumbled to the food. "Soup.." I say breathing out and I immediately reach for it. But before my lips touch the already cold liquid from being laid out for a while, I turn to Ivar whose just watching me. "Taste it first." I say walking to him. He sits straight. "Are you accusing me of trying to poison you?" He asked, sounding offended. "Yes, now taste it." I say my breathe shaking and he takes it from my hands, and takes a spoonful and then he hands it back to me. I then eat In peace. For the rest of the day he left me alone, he sent to do small duties here and there. I've learned to ignore the men flirting with me. Especially, Ivars brothers. During dinner, they joke about who was going to have sex with me first, I was clearly uncomfortable, and Ivar took note because I could have sworn his eyes soften when he looked at me holding myself behind him.

--------

IM SO sorry for the late update! But I am super busy with college and stuff, so thank you for reading anything! Don't forget to comment and share!

Thank you again, Mia