Chapter 18 (part 2)

Theophania de Oro, I finally have my memories . I remember what I used to like, chocolate cakes and late evenings, playing swords with my brother in the back yard. I loved to shower in the lake near my house and catch frogs. I was a wild child and what I loved the most was playing in the mud and getting dirty. I was not a slave my whole life and I was never one to follow rules, it felt as though two different versions of myself collided with each other and fought because they couldn't see eye to eye. I rose and hugged Seeress, "I'm Theophania de Oro," Seeress pulls away from me, "I remember."

"de Oro??" Seeress asked, "The women who did this to you must have used an extremely strong dose. Who's after you?" Seeress asked walking over to her fireplace and returning the unused drug into a bottle. "An entire village, they believe that this gift was given to me by the devil, my father was forced to bring someone back from the dead and when they came back, they were... well, evil, he was just blamed for it."

"Refrain from using your name. We don't want to cause any unnecessary conflict. Now, follow me I need you to transfer the healing through touching other things. Guide it like the current." We walked outside. "Stay there." She walked a few feet ahead of me, she reached towards her hip where under her purple cloak hung a pouch, she reached in side and unwrapped a dagger from a piece of cloth. She pressed the blade on the palm of her hand, she managed to make a small cut that wouldn't require a lot of energy to heal.  She held her palm out to me, a very small of amount of blood trickled down, like rain drops sliding down a window.

"How am I supposed to heal you if I'm not touching you? there is nothing connecting us."

"Are you sure? You don't think this ground connects us?" She tapped her foot, I rolled my eyes, "I have the power to heal not telekinesis. I can't heal unless I am touching you."

"Don't make me repeat myself. Either you give it a try, or I never teach you again." I wanted to scream. I just wanted to tell Eria about myself or Ivar. I want to talk about myself without feeling the need to say that I was sold off to different families. I can talk about who I am and not who I was forced to be.

But she was right, for now, I have to learn how to heal without necessarily touching the person and if I wanted to save an entire kingdom, I needed to push this excitement aside and put it to good use.

So, I crouched down and closed my eyes, I made the world quiet around me. I focused on the dirt and how thick and rich It felt under my hands, how the rough small wooden sticks prevented me from grabbing a fist full of it. Find the hurt,I told myself. My heart felt like a compass and I let it guide the healing, I sunk my palm further into the ground  when I felt the power flow from my elbows to the palm of my hands, allowing it to float or fly and let it find the cut.

There was a distant humming inside of me like a song trying to find a rhythm but couldn't stick to a beat. Clumsy, like me.

I pictured the power like roots from a tree. I can feel her heart beat as if she was in front of me. I felt her lungs expand as she breathed, I found the cut, I sealed it, made the skin new as if never broken. I was the roots of the tree, healing, making it stronger.

"Very good," she said in a soft-shaky voice. I stood up, surprised in my own accomplishment but allowing myself to feel proud. Her eyes were shinning, "I'm enormously impressed," she says. "Thank you."

We decided to move to healing plants, I healed two or three of them. Some part of me wanted to go back to the village where my home was, but I know that they don't want me. My home is.... here. Even if there was a time where I didn't want it to be. I had to learn to how to compose myself. Like a weapon. I had to make a life out of whatever place I was sent to.  Nothing was ever permanent; I keep telling myself.