Chapter 2

On the way to the shop, I learned more about the Schuyler sisters. Their life seemed quite luxurious, only because they were extremely rich. Everyone knew who they were when they walked down the street. And knowing with my appearance right now, they were probably embarrassed to be seen with me. I just want to find a way back to my time. I can't stay here forever, I have to get back home.

We reached the front of the dress shop and Angelica swung the door open and yelled, "Hercules we need your help!"

Then a man walked around the counter and stood in front of all of us. He looked to Angelica and smiled.

"What do you need help with? Do you all need another gown?"

"Well we don't, but our friend does."

Angelica grabbed my shoulders and pushed me towards the man. I looked at him and stuck my hand out so I could shake his hand. "Uh hi, I'm (Y/N)."

He grabbed my hand and shook it, "Hercules Mulligans."

I stared at him while he looked down at my figure.

"I think I have the perfect dress that will suit you."

The Schuyler sisters stood in a corner of the shop looking at the other dresses while Hercules led me to a dressing room near the back of the shop.

"I'll be back with the dress."

I started to remove my dirty and torn dress when I heard a knock on the dressing room door.

"It's Hercules don't worry."

I slightly opened the door and I took the dress from his hands. I then shut the door quickly and I looked at the dress in awe. It was beautiful for this era, but not for mine. Clothe sib my time would show more skin.

The fabric was a beautiful (f/c), the sleeves cut off at the elbow but it was decorated with lace. I loved it but the dress looked like it would be extremely uncomfortable with the tiny waist.

I looked around the small dressing room and I found the corset...now I have a problem. I have no idea how to lace one of these up. Luckily for me, someone knocked on my door.

"(Y/N) are you almost finished?"

It was Eliza. I opened the door slightly and I hid my body behind the door.

"Um, Eliza is there any way you could help me with the corset? I can't lace it up on my own."

She nodded her head and I allowed her into the dressing room. I wrapped the corset around my body and she began to quickly tie it up.

As she tied the corset strings I felt it getting harder to breathe. I didn't say anything though, I just let her tie the strings like she would on a normal day. Because if this was her normal then it was gonna have to be normal for me until I could return to my time.

She finished her job and then she helped me slip into the (f/c) dress. I finished changing and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a woman from 1776. I was now their normal. Eliza came up behind me and fixed my hair a little so that it wasn't frizzy or messy.

"Thank you for helping me."

She smiled and hugged me, "It's no problem, we are friends right? This is what friends do."

I smiled when she called me her friend. Sure I had Nikki but Eliza seemed different than her. Eliza seemed more, down to Earth and kind.

Eliza and I walked out of the dressing room and made our way to the front of the shop. Once I was in the front of the store Angelica and Peggy stopped.