Chapter 10

-Two Months Later-

George Washington's POV

I was sitting at my desk with Lafayette. We were planning on what to do next in the war. I was struggling a lot with planning ever since I sent Alexander home. I tried to do anything I could but I kept changing every plan I had, I needed help. Lafayette snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I'll come back with more guns and ships."

I nodded my head, "We rendezvous with Rochambeau, consolidate their gifts."

Lafayette pointed to the city of Yorktown on the map.

"We can end this war in Yorktown, cut them off at sea. But, for this to succeed there is someone else we need."

I lowered my head, "I know."

Then Lafayette went of ranting quickly about how we need Hamilton.

"Sir, you're gonna have to use him eventually. What's he gonna do on the bench? I mean no one has more resilience or matches my practical tactical brilliance."

He slammed his hands down on my desk and stared at me in my eyes.

"You wanna fight for your land back!"

I realized what I needed to do. "I need my right-hand man back."

I took out a piece of paper and a pen and I started to write a letter to Alexander. I finished writing and then signed my name. I then handed the letter to Lafayette. He took the letter in his hand and ran out of my tent to get it sent off. I sat back in my seat and took a deep breath. I just hope that this battle goes as planned and we win this war once and for all. I need to go and be with my wife again.

-The next day-

Your POV

It was early in the morning and I was already downstairs making breakfast for Alex, Peggy and I. I was the only one awake for now. I knew that once the smell of the food roamed throughout the house they would be running to the kitchen like children.

I was continuing to cook breakfast when I felt the baby move around. I placed a hand on my stomach and I smiled to myself. I was around twenty-four to twenty-five weeks pregnant. So I was around six months already, only three more months to go! Hopefully, Alexander would be by my side the rest of the time. Then he can go back to the war if he wants to. I just want him to be here for his baby's birth.

I started to put the food on some plates and I guess the scent of the food finally got upstairs because I heard footsteps running down towards the kitchen. I turned around and I saw both Alex and Peggy racing to the kitchen. I stepped to the side and grabbed my stomach to protect the baby from accidentally getting hit. I swear these two are crazy. I cleared my throat and they both stopped and looked over at me.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them and laughed, "You two are acting like children."

They both stood straight up and Peggy giggled, "Sorry (Y/N)"

"There's nothing to be sorry about, just try to be more careful next time. I mean I'm six months pregnant and I don't want one of you running into the baby when you're trying to get your food. And speaking of food take your plates."

Peggy took her plate and sat down and began to eat. Alex, on the other hand, walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. Inbetween us was my growing baby bump. All of a sudden the baby moved again and I placed my hands on my stomach.

Alex looked at me for a second and then he realized that the baby was moving. I moved my hands to my sides and he placed his hands on my stomach. The baby started to move again and Alex smiled while looking at the unborn baby.