thirteen

[DISCLAIMER: i took down the last chapter 13 so act like that never happened, if you need to refresh your memory and go see where chap 12 left off go ahead lol i promise you'll like this version better as time goes on just bare with me]

jeongguk's art professor hates him. he had asked the woman what he could do to raise his grades since he's failing miserably, and she told him that she's sure he could think of something.

no, janet, that's why i'm asking you

he kicks his school bag when he arrives home. his heart is racing from the anger and frustration emitting off of him, and all he wants is—

he feels someone grab his hand, dragging him to the couch and forcing his head on their lap. he instantly sighs, content.

yeah, this is nice

taehyung's hand starts threading through jeongguk's soft, black locks and he hums lowly, "what's the matter, gukkie?"

jeongguk nuzzles his head into taehyung's clothed thigh, absolutely delighted that he's getting attention from the blonde. "i'm failing art."

"oh," the blonde halts his movements until jeongguk whines, bringing his hand up to taehyung's and moving it back and forth on his head impatiently. he hears taehyung laugh softly before continuing what he was doing. "did you talk to the professor about it?"

"she said i'll figure something out."

he doesn't have to look at taehyung to know that he has that cute pout on his face. the boy always gets it when people treat jeongguk unfairly, and he finds it quite endearing.

"she's your professor!" taehyung exclaims. "she has to help you pass! that's the whole point of her being a teacher!"

jeongguk sighs, "she doesn't see it that way. i think she believes i'm slacking off or something, but i'm just one of those people who genuinely just can't art to save my life."

"that's not true," the blonde says softly. "you're good at art. you just need a little guidance for the vincent van gogh side of art."

"you really just can't help yourself, can you?" jeongguk laughs as he takes in yet another one of taehyung's fond mentioning of his favorite painter. "i think i only passed that one test because you won't shut up about him."

taehyung laughs, although a slight blush appears on his cheeks when he realizes that jeongguk actually listens to him when he's talking about his hobbies; he had thought for years that the younger just zoned out during those fanboy moments of his, but clearly he was wrong.

the blonde's eyes suddenly widen as he thinks of something, "do you know your professor's favorite artist?"

jeongguk groans, "she won't shut up about some guy named auguste renoir?"

taehyung pushes the boy off of him suddenly looking at him with a wicked smile on his face. the smile he only wears when he has an idea, and jeongguk has to stop himself from groaning at the endless possibilities the boy has thought of, "go get your paint. specifically blue, green, white, brown, and yellow. oh, and bring your easel. meet me in the park across the street. make it quick!"

the black haired watches as taehyung runs to their shared room to change his clothes into something to fit the mood but he doesn't get to see the finished product before the door shuts on him. he yells through the door despite knowing taehyung most likely cannot hear a thing he is saying, "what the hell is going on?!"

__________

in the park, it takes only a few seconds to find taehyung. he is the only one there wearing something yellow, sitting on a bench only surrounded by even more yellow, and the sun shining down on him just makes him even brighter. jeongguk has to stop and just marvel at him. the blonde really is gorgeous.