eighteen

THE CLUB was full of drunken lust pheromones. the air felt heavy around jeongguk as he took in all the hungry eyes staring heatedly at the boy clinging to him like a lifeline. jeongguk glared at the people they pass as they make their way to where the bar is, and he thinks he feels someone try to pull the blonde off of him.

taehyung whimpers; his arms grip to jeongguk's shirt tighter, and at this point it's the younger's protective instincts kicking in. jeongguk gently pushes the blonde to be in front of him and he wraps his larger arms around his dainty waist from behind.

"this is why i didn't want you to go to places like this," jeongguk says lowly in the blonde's ear. he can feel the boy shiver in his arms and that most definitely adds to his pride. "don't run off tonight, okay? stay with me."

the boy nods but as soon as he sees the bar he gets himself out of jeongguk's hold quickly.

the younger watches angrily as the blonde runs off to the bar, "taehyung!"

___

they are a couple drinks in and jeongguk has just now found out how much of a lightweight taehyung is. he only had two shots and he's already feeling a little tipsy; another thing he has learned is that the blonde is a giggling, extra touchy, and sad drunk.

the first point of realization was easy to find out as he kept finding everything funny. for instance, the bartender asked him if he wanted some snacks and he burst out in a fit of giggles. jeongguk had to hold back a fond chuckle as he whispered in the blonde's ear that, "honey, that wasn't funny," which only made him laugh even more.

his laughter stopped at the second point of realization for brief moments as he looked towards the dance floor and back at jeongguk several times. it didn't take a genius to know what the boy wanted to do, and jeongguk does not want to stand surrounded by sweaty drunks on that grimy floor.

"jeonggukkie!" taehyung singsongs, he stands before the younger with his arms wrapped around jeongguk's neck. "come dance with me."

jeongguk shakes his head, "it's gross over there."

"please!" the blonde twirls away from jeongguk and starts to move his body slowly to the tune of 'move' by taemin. "dance with me."

the music moves taehyung's body for him; his hips follow the song easily, and he runs his slender fingers through his hair making his eyebrows visible for a small second. the boy is too pretty for his own good.

jeongguk leans back in his seat as he watches the blonde close his eyes as he gets into the movement of the song. the younger has to say that he doesn't particularly dislike the view he has seeing taehyung in that small, red dress dancing not only for the younger to see but his own enjoyment too.

the bartender taps on his shoulder gaining jeongguk's attention, "is he with you?"

jeongguk nods, "yeah."

the man behind the counter points a thumb behind him at some guys across the bar and mentions, "the guys over there want me to make him a drink."

jeongguk peers over at the guys and sure enough, they all are looking at taehyung with an evil glint in their hazy eyes. it makes jeongguk's blood boil, "and did you do it?"