Part 3

He smiles at me warmly. The hint of recognition in his eyes that I'm sure is in mine. I'm not sure how I recognize him though. It's there for a second and then it is gone. His face becomes an indifferent mask and I wonder why? Is it something that all the Dauntless do it is it just something he does? Either way it gives me the creeps.

Another Dauntless, a girl this time walks over. She wears the same face as him. Thinks makes me think that it is simply a thing all Dauntless do. Then her eyes meet his and I see a flicker go off. They are both trying hard to suppress a smile. I think that flicker was love but, how would I know? It's not like my parents ever looked at each other that way. At least not when I was alive. I want to ask them if they are dating but that's rude and I'm not suppose to ask questions. Then I remember that those Abnegation rules, here in Dauntless they probably don't care.

"Are you two dating?"

" Yes, " she replies almost annoyed. Did I do something to offend her?

"Name?" the boy asks. I pause for a moment. Isabelle seems to formal, an Abnegation name. "Is!" I say firmly.

" First Jumper, Is!" the boy calls over his shoulder to a crowd of Dauntless. They start cheering and willing and for once I feel like I am home.

A few seconds later a blue blob lands in the net. I see it is the girl who defended me on the train. The girl asks her what her name is and she replies " Madisyn. "

When all the Initiates have jumped the crowd starts to dissipate leaving only the Initiates and the boy and girl accompanied by another girl and boy.

"My name is Four," the boy who helped me out of the net. "This is Six," he says pointing to his girlfriend. He looks at us as if anticipating something. What ever it is it doesn't come so he moves on.

"We are your initiate instructors transfers!" Six calls out, "And this is Chris and Uriah the Dauntless born instructors." She points at the boy and girl next to her.

We walk around the compound for awhile talking a tour. A couple initiates made some smart remarks but I wasn't really paying attention. I was watching the Dauntless taking in the life that would soon be mine. People wearing tight clothes and laughing and talking. Living the life I wasn't allowed back in Abnegation. But in order to have that life I have to pass initiation first. This is going to be a long 2 weeks.