Part 9

I know I said that once we reached 100 reads I would do a chapter in Four's POV but this chapter needs to happen first. I swear the next chapter will be in Four's POV
____________________________________
Flashback
"I will not have someone like that in my house," Marcus yelled bringing the belt down again. I screamed, but it was no good. Both of my defenders were incapable of helping me. Tobias was tied to the bedpost. He was screaming at Marcus to stop. Marcus growled and slapped Tobias. I heard a sickening crack and knew that even if he wasn't tied up my older brother would be of no use to me.

My mother, Evelyn, was in the other room crying.  She knew very well what was going on, yet she did nothing to stop it. I didn't understand why back then I do now. She knew she would only make it worse. 

Back in reality, outside of the world in my head, I knew I was screaming. That only I was seeing the cold, empty pits of my father's eyes as he brought the belt down again and again. I could faintly hear others yelling but not what they were saying and who said it. 

My vision changed. I was seven and it was several days after the previous vision I had witnessed. I was feeling sick and went to ask my mother for a glass of water. Coming from my parents' room were whispers.

"I won't have our daughter, be, be a fag," My father spat with fury.

"Marcus, she isn't one of them," My mother reasoned.

"You heard her, she called Sara Webster cute. Poor Mrs. Webster her daughter might get infected with that filth's disease," Marcus said.

"Me, they are talking about me," I thought. My seven-year-old brain couldn't comprehend why my father was so angry. My sixteen-year-old one can. I dart away before my parents catch me knowing I will be punished unimaginably if Marcus caught me eavesdropping.

Back, in reality, things weren't much better. I was shaking and yelling and I realized I was having a panic attack, but I couldn't calm down. I couldn't make out what most people were saying but something someone said I did catch and I couldn't believe it. 

A voice distinctly male barked, "Stay away from my baby sister." 

Could it be him? No? I couldn't check who said it because right at that moment the world went dark.

______________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the wait I had difficulty writing this chapter. I promise to get back on the once a week schedule. Next chapter in Tobias's POV yay!