Prologue

London, England - Two years after Kong.

James walks down the empty street, his umbrella keeping him from getting soaked wet in the mid- winter London rains.

For the past 2 years, he has thought of nothing but how Charlotte had left. So suddenly and unexpectedly, without a good bye.

It had left a void in his heart. Something that he had never expected to feel. Much less from someone he had only been with for four days at most. A1s much as he had tried to push his feelings away by drinking every chance he got, each morning there she was, burning in the back of his mind like an inextinguishable fire.

But he was ready to let her go now, to forget that night where both of them had shared stories. To forget what they had lived through together, and to forget her as well.

"James Conrad?" A voice calls out to him.

James halts mid step, turning around to meet a man in his early sixties, his hair more gray than it was black, wrinkles adorning his face as he stares at James.

"You're James Conrad?" The man questions again, his hands reaching out to adjust his jacket.

James hesitates, looking at the almost empty street and then turning back to the man.

"Can I help you with something?" He asks, starting to get impatient.

"James. My name is Joe. Joe Brody." The man stops talking to extend his hand out to him.

James looks at it for a moment with a frown, not extending his hand to shake it. Joe waits a moment before realising that James isn't going to shake his hand. His mouth snaps shut and he retracts his hand, rubbing it on the side of his pants to wipe it off from the rain. 

"I'm a scientist. I read a report a few months back saying you were one of the survivors of the Japan Island-" James scoffs, interrupting Joe as he shakes his head, turning around to start walking once again.

"I'm not interested on whatever you have to say" he retorts over his shoulder as he continues to walk forward, clearly bothered.

Joe stands there, watching as James walks away for a moment, gobsmacked on his response, and then rushes forward to meet him once again.

"Please, Mr. Conrad. I need your help. The world needs your help" he reasons as he walks besides James at a fast pace. 

James scoffs and turns to look at him, stopping suddenly as a cold breeze blows at them.

"And why exactly do you need me?" He questions, his brows bunched together, clearly irritated.

Joe hesitates, taking a deep breath.

"Because something killed my wife. And I don't think it was an earthquake like the world says it was" at his words James goes quiet, turning to look at him.

"Look. I read the reports. I know what they say; that you had a helicopter crash. But I really don't buy all that shit. I read Mr. Brooks's hollow earth theory, and I think there was something else on that Island. Something supernatural. Out of this world. And if you want the world to survive, I need you to help me, because if the animal you encountered took down more than 50 men, imagine what it would do to an entire city" Joe continues, his tone turning serious.

James sighs, looking across the street instead of meeting Joe's gaze for a moment, and then turning to look at him.

" What can I do?"

(Edited Dec 14, 2018)