Chapter 7

USS Saratoga - Coast of Japan.

"M.U.T.O" The army officer begins, looking from the big screen in front of him to the army soldiers splayed around him, all of them focused in tracking the creature.

"Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism" He points out to the screen as a video of the creature emerges. The video shows as the creature takes off into the sky.

Not once had he seen something like that. In his 10 years in the army, he had seen everything, from hostages to hostiles to terrorists.

But never something like this.

"It is, however, no longer terrestrial. It is ariborne" the officer continues, an eery calmness around him as he walks around the soldiers, checking over screens and watching over maps.

"Now, the world still thinks this was an earthquake and it would be preferable that that remain so!" He booms out, his army boots clinking against the

"Before we lost sight of it it was headed east across the pacific and had emitted enough EMP disruption to create havoc with our radar and sarellite feeds and reduce up, for the moment, to a strictly visial pursuit" The officer continues.

He walks through the back of the room, his eyes passing Charlotte and James for a moment before doing a double take in both surprise and confusement, hesitating for a moment before turning back to the other army men splayed around the room.

"I emphasise for the moment because we will get on our game, and we will find this thing." He finishes, nodding to his fellow soldiers as he dissmises them, pausing for a moment before turning to look the both of them.

"I'm sorry, you aren't allowed to be in here"

It wasn't the first time some one thought that Charlotte wasn't allowed inside. In fact, it had happened for 5 years continuously while she was in the army, soldiers from around the world came into the camp, all of them looking for a captain named Wilson. Always passing her by, thinking she was some mere secretary, or a mail deliverer as they insulted her for being out on the field. And that made Charlotte's insides burn with rage.

Oh but how she loved it when the newbies went to a fellow soldier, asking them who in the bunch was named Captain Wilson. She would look at the soldier and cross her arms over her chest as she waited for their reaction, looking with a smirk as her fellow soldiers stopped smiling and pointed the newbie in the direction that they needed to go, only for them to look at Charlotte and realize who she really was, and palen.

But while they realized what had just happened, Charlotte just smiled, delighted to have another ego-filled man knocked down a few pegs, showing them that she was the one in charge.

Charlotte turns to look from the screen in front of her to the officer, her hip jotted out and what you would say a bitch face showing on her face, not caring about the officer.

"Oh, we are. We're with him" She begins, unamused, pointing to Serizawa, who is staring at the screen in a trance by the big steel door. His pale skin shimmering against the dim light. All the way across the room, Charlotte can see the bags under his eyes.

The officer nods suspiciously, his hands clasped behind him as he looks at Serizawa.

"Well, can I help you with anything?" He finally asks, looking from James to Charlotte with confusion.

"No. We're fine. We were just scanning the problem, making sure we weren't missing something" James pitches in, looking at the officer, his face neutral.

"Well, if you need anything, I'm Admiral Williams" The officer says, introducing himself to the both of them.

Charlotte nods, not paying attention and clearly no longer interested in the conversation as she looks at the screen with pursed lips, already dismissing him.