Dream

You watched Pan lead Henry away and they sat on a log not far away. The quiet murmurings of the boys, the crackle of the fire and the gentle swaying of your swinging bed started to rock you to sleep.

~
(Next few chapters are all going to be dream sequences, enjoy:)

"Y/N!" The old woman shouted waking you up instantly from your deep sleep. "Get up, I need you to go and get me these things," she threw a piece of paper on your bed then left your small empty room slamming the door behind her.

This was how like had been ever since your parents had sold to this woman. She was strange and you had later found out that her name was Fiona. She made you go into the dangerous forest and get strange plants, made you get strange liquids from strange people. Everything about her and whatever she did was strange. She was sometimes kind and let you have free time to wander around the palace grounds but it was very rare, you weren't allowed to talk to any other people so you got very lonely.

It was almost your 18th birthday and nearly 11 years since you had been sold. There was no way you could celebrate your birthday, you had no one to celebrate with. The one person you used to be secret friends with was the older boy from the village; Felix. But he had mysteriously gone missing just days after your arrival all those years ago, he hadn't been seen since.

"Y/N, get a move on I haven't got all day!" She shouted again making you jump you scurried to get dressed. You wore a plain brown dress and old shoes you think the woman had stolen for you.

Without saying goodbye you sprinted off, out the palace and through the busy village. It was market day and most people were rushing around trying to get their bread or eggs. You didn't stop running again until you got to the edge of the forest and halted.

It was very dark. You could make out the trees getting thicker and thicker the further you looked. A prickling on the back of your neck made you have a scared feeling that you were being watched. You looked nervously around, no one was in sight.

Shaking off the feeling you walked into the forest slowly. Every crack of a twig made you turn around and look around again, you were increasingly becoming jumpy.

You found the plants the old bat wanted and began picking them quickly.

"Hello there pretty," You snapped your head up getting to your feet quickly. Two middle-aged men were stumbling towards you from the darkness, they looked drunk.

"Wanna come for a little play?" The skinnier one said smirking holding a tree for support. 

"We can take turns," the fatter one added grinning stupidly.

"Come on girly, come and play," he looked at you with a lustful glint in his eye then started moving faster towards you.

Terrified you turned and tried running away but they began to chase after you jeering and shouting. "Come back girly, there's nowhere you can go!"

"We won't hurt you too much," the other added.

Heart pounding you ran faster then you felt yourself trip up and fall flat on your stomach winding yourself. You turned over and saw both men were now next to you.

One grabbed your arms pinning you to the ground and the other stood above you smirking. There was nothing you could do and tears were streaming out your eyes. No one was coming to help you.

"That's no way to treat a lady," a British voice said coolly. You looked around and saw a boy around 18 or 19 appear out of nowhere leaning against a tree. He was wearing a shirt, a waistcoat and a long cape.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? Beat it," the man stood above you ordered glaring at the boy.

You observed the boy best you could from your position trapped on the floor. He had an evil glint in his eyes and you sensed there was something dangerous about him, but you weren't scared of him.

"Let go of her," he said dangerously calmly looking up at them, his head tilted slightly to the side. The men simply laughed and turned back to you. "Last chance," he warned. The men sniggered ignoring his warning. "I warned you," you heard him growl before you felt both men fly away from you.

You watched them both hit trees a few meters away and fall to the group limp. You turned shocked back to the young guy who was stood there with his hand outstretched.

"You alright?" He asked helping you to your feet.

"Yes," You replied quietly then realised you had no idea who he was and backing away from him quickly and scrambling to your feet.

"Relax," he said picking up your basket and holding it out for you, "I'm not going to hurt you."

You cautiously took it eyeing him suspiciously, "Who are you?"

"My name's Peter Pan," he held his hand out and you shook it still suspicious.

"Where did you come from? I didn't see you there before."

"I'm magic," he said in a duh voice, "What's your name?"

"Y/N," You answered walking away from him and continuing to collect the things you were told to get in the first place. You didn't feel threatened by him anymore for a reason you couldn't figure out.

"Nice to meet you," he smiled following you.

"Why are you following me? Surely someone with magic has something better to do," You told him sourly.

Yes, you were very grateful for him saving you but at the same time, you didn't want an annoying guy following you around. "Your welcome for just saving you by the way," he rolled his eyes smiling slightly.

"Thank you," you admitted feel bad for not saying thank you earlier.

"And I think I'll stick around and keep you safe."

Part of you wanted him to stay, he made you feel safe and the other part of you wanted him to go away. "So, where are you from?" He asked jogging to keep up with you.

"The palace," you answered simply, "You?"

"A place called Neverland," he replied putting the plant you were looking for in your basket.

"Never heard of it," you started frowning slightly.

"Not many have," he told you sitting on a large rock.

"Fair enough," You answered continuing like he wasn't there.

The word Neverland still intrigued you though, you had never heard of a place like it before. Then he started playing the most beautiful sound out of some pipes. It was an amazing sound but not what you wanted right now.

"Really?" You asked gesturing to the pipes he was playing while sat on a large boulder.

"Interesting," he muttered watching you curiously.

"What is?" You asked.

"Only certain people can hear these pipes, you can."

"So?" You started walking back towards the village having picked enough of the mysterious plant Fiona wanted.

"It means you're different," he appeared on your left making you jump slightly.

"In what way?" You asked genuinely interested this time.

"Only children who feel abandoned and unloved by their parents can hear it."

You froze.

"What did you say?" You asked narrowing your eyes and looking at him a mixture of feelings going through you.

"Only children who feel abandoned can hear them. Which means you feel abandoned, Y/N." He replied a serious look on his handsome face.

Now you were closer to him you could see brown curls under his hood.

A sudden wave of sadness and anger coming over you, you glared at him. "Go away Pan, I'm busy."

"As you wish," then in the blink of an eye he was gone.

You looked around but weren't surprised to not see him hiding anywhere, he was magic and could do anything he wanted. You continued on your way, the feeling of being watched was gone, he was gone.

The dream is to be continued...