Final Dream

Tomorrow was your 18th birthday and you were only half excited, you never got anything good for your birthday but you had a good feeling about this year.

"Goodnight Y/N," old Fiona grunted when you walked past her to your room.

She was stood by the fire stirring a pot on it, you didn't pay much attention to what she was doing. The strange scene of her stirring a strange liquid over the fire was a normal occurrence.

"Goodnight Fiona," you muttered and disappeared into your room. You got into bed and fell asleep pretty quickly.

~

During your deep, comfortable sleep you felt yourself being violently shaken you awake. "Y/N!" Fiona whispered urgently, "Y/N, wake up this is important!"

"Why? What's going on?" You sat up rubbing your tired eyes now feeling worried.

Was the palace getting attacked?

You saw the moonlight shining through the curtain-less window and landing on your bed. You guessed from its position it was midnight, which meant it was your birthday.

"You need to drink this," she pushed a cup at you, inside was a mysterious, dark blue liquid that was emitting white steam.

"Why?" You asked turning your nose up at it immediately.

"Just do it," she replied quickly, "You have to drink it now, drink it now it's midnight and now your 18 you must drink it!" She sounded crazy, it was scary to watch her. Her hair was messy and her eyes were wide.

"Drink it!" She repeated louder making you jump.

"Alright alright," you shut her up. You had no idea what it was and only decided to drink it to make her leave you alone.

You tipped the cup up to your mouth and drank. You almost gagged immediately at the taste of the liquid, it was the worse thing you had ever tasted. It was like rotten eggs and horrible fish mashed together.

"All of it," her eyes were alarmingly wide and a twisted smile had appeared in her face. You forced yourself to down the whole cup then gave it back to her wiping your mouth slightly and coughing. You forced yourself not to gag again at the disgusting taste the potion had left in your mouth so you took a quick sip of water to relieve yourself.

"How do you feel?" She asked expectantly.

"Fine," you replied confused, her face fell slightly. "Why?"

Then, from your stomach, you started to feel the worse pain imaginable. It spread quickly through your whole body until it was like you were wrapped in a tight blanket. "What's happening?" She asked urgently coming close to you.

"I hurt," you replied best you could in your agony. She was looking at you in the eyes looking happy for some reason.

"What's happening to me?" You asked throwing yourself back on your bed and squeezing your pillow tightly.

"It worked," she muttered her mouth slightly open, "I can't believe it worked."

"What did?" You tried to say through clenched teeth.

"The potion, it worked!"

The pain suddenly built immensely. You were praying in your head to make it stop, you wanted to die it hurt so bad. You tilted your head back and screamed.

What you didn't expect to happen was a bright white light to shoot from your fingertips and hit her. Causing her to fly backwards, hit the opposite wall and slide to the ground with a flumping noise.

The pain was gone as quickly as it had come. But you now felt a strange tingling sensation in your body, it was like a fizzing feeling.

Slowly you got up and walked over to the old woman lying slumped against the wall. Scared she might be dead you crept up to her cautiously. You nudged her with your bare toe to see what she did. Nothing. Feeling worried again you knelt down and grabbed her wrist to check her pulse. Also nothing.