7 | little like the prideful mother

' for only they could
make her feel the love '

"WELL DONE, BESTIE!" Came the voice of the singer's best friend, Isaac, as he wrapped Mia into a big hug, a proud grin stretched along his face

"WELL DONE, BESTIE!" Came the voice of the singer's best friend, Isaac, as he wrapped Mia into a big hug, a proud grin stretched along his face. The brunette smiled widely at her best friend, returning the hug before brightening up even more when she heard her mum calling for her.

"Mum!" Mia exclaimed as she ran into his mother's arms, clinging to her. Rose laughed, placing her chin on her daughter's head before pressing a kiss to her hair. Mia's body relaxed once she was in the embrace of her mother, a sense of comfort falling over her like a blanket.

"I'm so proud of you, honey," Rose said into her ear, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes as she hugged her daughter tightly, warmth filling her body.

"Thank you." Mia smiled, placing a kiss on her mum's cheek.

"Ma!" Rose felt someone crash into her, strong arms wrapping around her and her daughter. Smelling the familiar scent of the teenager she thought of as a son, Rose ruffled his curls.

"It's nice to see you too, sweetie." Isaac smiled in Rose's arms. His own mother died and his father was a pain in the ass. The only adult he could rely on was his best friend's mother.

"So, where are we going for dinner?" he asked once they stood back. "I'm starving." Rose smiled at the two warmly.

"Wherever you want." Just as Isaac was about to answer, Rose's phone went off. The brunette smiled apologetically before answering her phone. "Hello? Yes, this is her. Really?! Okay, I'm on my way!" Rose quickly hung up and looked at Mis with a saddened look.

"What's wrong?"

"An emergency came up in the hospital." Mia nodded, a look of understanding on her face.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go!" The singer giggled, her mum felt warmth flooding her. Rose always loved how accepting and understanding her daughter was, she was amazing. The older lady couldn't wish for a better daughter than the one she had.

"I'm really sorry, baby girl," she muttered into her hair as she wrapped her arms around her angel. "Are you going to be okay by yourself?" she asked, concerned about her daughter. "I might be there all night."

"Ms Mitchell," Spoke Duecalion as he walked towards the mother and daughter with his arm resting on Kali's shoulder. "My name is Duecalion. I'm the gaurdien of Aiden and Ethan." Rose smiled softly at the blind man, shaking his outstretched hand. "If it is okay with you, we would be more than happy to allow Mia to stay with us until you arrive home."

"You would do that?" Duecalion nodded while the twins grinned widely at their mate, whose eyes lit up with joy at the thought of staying with her boyfriends.

"Can I stay over?" Mia asked, pulling her best puppy dog face. Rose chuckled, nodding her head.

"Very well." Mia squealed, embracing her mother before running into Aiden's arms.

"I'll stay at Allison's." Rose nodded as Isaac walked over to his girlfriend, pecking the huntress's cheek.

"Take good care of her." Deucalion nodded, sensing the hidden message behind his mate's mother's words.

"With our life." Rose smiled with happiness, nodding acceptingly before waving goodbye to Mia and Isaac.

"She knows about us." Deucalion notes as he watched his mate's mother walk to her car before glancing at Mia, who giggled at a joke the twins made, their arms around her.

"How so?" Ennis asked as he crossed his arms over his chest, eyes soft as they stayed on his innocent human mate, someone that made him whole.

"She knows we're mated with her." Kali and Ennis rose a brow, glancing at the older brunette. "I believe Scott McCall's mother must have told her that since they both work at the hospital."

Rose unlocked the doors and stood next to it. She felt a smile stretch across her face as she gazed at her precious gift of a daughter, just as precious as any son. She was a wonder, her daughter, a person in her own right. She was not a vessel for family pride, but a person born equal to men.

Her child would always be her child. The brunette held Rose's soul in her own pure one, and her heart was forever with her daughter. The older brunette decided that the young singer was free to live, to learn and love whomever she chose to love... for there is no rule that can contain such a sacred thing.

Mia would always hold her mother's support and her guidance should she ever wish to ask. Rose would walk through the gates of hell to keep her safe and feel honoured to be given the chance, feeling only gratitude.

For every child is a sacred gift, yours and mine, whether they are not yet born or born. We show our creator our gratitude by loving our children with every power we possess, letting them explore, be adventurous, take risks; standing by to catch them if they fall. Let a mother's love, and a father's too, be the platform from which our children fly into clear blue skies: ever thankful to be such.