"eight"

❛ the overlooked. ❜

𝐃𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨, the brunette decided to stay at the hospital for a few hours to come up with a plan to see what she should do next

Melissa had been keeping the young girl company and even gave her a bit of money for her to be able to get some food out of the vending machine that was just down the hall. The lights' flickering soon stopped Morgan from popping the last of her M&M's in her mouth. She hadn't realised how bad the weather had gotten until she stood up from the uncomfortable seat she was in and walked down the busy hospital hallway.

The raining outside had tun into a full-blown thunderstorm, and the hospital had begun to evacuate due to their power cutting out. Morgan only overheard the end of a conversation Melissa was having with another doctor, but it still made the younger brunette quickly turn back around and go back where she had come from, "All my patients are clear except for Cora Hale."

Morgan wasn't going to let Cora be hurt from not getting on one of those ambulances, so she quickly made her way to the room her nose was telling her to go too. Adrenaline had gotten to the girls head as she didn't even question it when she had made her way to the door where the young Hale sister lay. It was when the pregnant girl stepped into the room she finally heard a voice that nearly made her burst into tears.

"Hey, anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here?" Peter shouted out in the hallway's direction as he patted Cora's head with a damp towel. After she fainted yet again, the teen had been brought in once Stiles had tried to take her home. Cora had flu-like symptoms, but she didn't seem to be getting better no matter how much medicine the doctors and nurses had put in her.

"Peter." The woman whispered once she came face to face to the man who she got along with so well. The two were great friends when Derek and her dated, and even though Peter wanted to be more than friends, the brunette was always loyal to her boyfriend as he was the one she only wanted to be with.

Peter paused once he saw the ghost of a person. He could tell straight away who it was just by her scent and the fact that his wolf had this inner pulling towards her, or rather to the baby in her stomach. The two just stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity, that was until Cora leaned over her hospital bed and began to throw up this black like substance.

Morgan quickly made a move to help the younger girl, but Peters hand promptly went out to grab the girls arm, not in a threatening way, but he couldn't believe that she was still alive.

"How?" The older man gently questioned once he knew Cora was stable again. Peter wondered if Derek had known all this time or if both Hale men were left in the dark on the girl's apparent fake death.

"I truly don't know, and neither does Derek." Morgan honestly stated. Peter was confused by the statement but still listened to her heartbeat to be sure. When there were no blimps, he finally let go of the woman's arms and instead pulled her into a hug, he loved Morgan all those years ago, and even though the love eventually went away for the girl, she was still considered family to him. Now he had to get both of his girls out of there as it was dangerous.

"You're supposed to be dead." Was what broke the two from their embrace. This made Morgan flinch as she didn't want anyone knowing who she was, especially someone as kind as Melissa. However, when the pregnant girl looked up, the nurse looked straight at Peter and not the brunette, which made her utterly confused as to what she's missed over the last few years.

"I get that a lot, actually." Peter bluntly stated as he looked at the nurse who was now reluctant to leave her new friend with the man who had done such horrible things, but the hospital needed Melissa, so with a nod to the young girl, the nurse left.

After another set of nurses came in and began to help Cora change out of her hospital gown, it was the only time that Peter and Morgan were able to talk. As they stood outside her hospital room, Peter couldn't stop staring at the girl he thought was dead. His eyes would also flick towards her growing stomach every so often as he wondered if she knew what herself and the baby now where - werewolves.

"What happened?" The uncle prodded on once he knew he needed some answer to all the madness. He heard the girl beside him sigh before she started her long explanation of what had happened.

"The night I got bitten was the night that I was going to tell Derek that we were pregnant, but I was too late as all I remember is passing out, dying essentially. But then I woke up, and it seemed like nothing had changed. Like no time had passed, and I was still that lovestruck teenager. But I soon realised that wasn't so, and the only way I can explain it is I feel like I've travelled into the future." Morgan confessed, Peter had listened to every single word, and he now knew why he had felt such a strong connection to her baby - it was a Hale.

Werewolves can tell when one of their own is around, and this only made Morgan's story even more valid than it was when you'd listen to her heartbeat. Peter now believed her every word, and he was determined to get to the bottom of Morgan's mystery, but before he could even get a word out, the twin Alphas came walking down the hallway with smirks on their faces. Peter quickly sent Morgan into an empty room as it would be easier for him to get Cora out alone as no one was going to hurt Morgan as they didn't have a reason.

"It's not safe here. I'll come back for you," Peter whispered as he walked away from the girl, who then hesitantly locked the door to the empty bathroom she was in. The brunette didn't want to leave Cora, but Peter insisted that she would be fine, and Morgan didn't have a reason not to trust one of her good friends, so she went ahead and hid.

It was only a few minutes into hiding that Morgan had realised how stupid she was right now, it was only a silly power cut, yet she still decided to lock herself in a bathroom, but the loud crashing and growling she heard made the girl change her mind once again.

But as it began to come louder and louder, she felt threatened that someone was here to take her baby from her. It seemed almost natural when her fangs came through. She felt claws come out, but this was all new to Morgan, so once she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror, she nearly screamed out in surprise when she saw her glowing yellow eyes, but she resisted making any loud noises when she could tell there was trouble close by.

As Morgan took in her new creature like self, she didn't seem to feel scared at all. She didn't know whether that was because she loved Derek when he was a werewolf or because she now knew she could protect herself and her baby, but as she admired herself, she didn't seem to notice the other supernatural creature that crawled up behind her.

Jennifer Blake, or rather the Darach, smiled at the pregnant girl as she was in her horrifying skin, the woman had finally got the final piece of the puzzle, and that's why she then took Morgan - to finish her sacrifices.

o. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞.