"twenty two"

❛ when two souls became one. ❜

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧."

This was Derek's response when his fiancé questioned him if they were doing the right thing with getting married just days after Allison's death. Of course, the whole pack was in heartbreak and shock of the sudden death of the young teen, but if anything, the entire experience made both werewolves realise that life was too short to wait around and find the right moment for things, so that's what brings them both to the current day.

Morgan stood in her and Derek's joint bedroom. The woman was reluctant to look into the mirror that sat in front of her as whenever she saw the white gown she was wearing, nervous butterflies would fill her stomach at the thought of marrying her soulmate. The mother always dreamed of a big white wedding, inviting hundreds of guests and partying all night, but since having to grow up rather quickly, the brunette realised that wasn't what she wanted anymore.

All the werewolf wanted was her daughter and soon to be husband. Of course, she would've liked the whole pack there to celebrate as she had grown attached to the teens. However, they were all still dealing with their issues, and the woman saw it as inappropriate to invite them all to a party and have a day dedicated to her and Derek after Allison's death.

Breaking the woman from her thoughts was the loud creak of the door to the bedroom opening. Morgan expected it to be Nova as the little girl was not so little anymore, and since she was now around thirteen, she would not leave her mothers makeup and clothes alone as she had become obsessed with them in her teenage years.

Surprisingly Nova had taken the whole supernatural ordeal rather well. She had almost pushed the entire situation to the back of her mind and now just acted the age she was supposed to be - which was fifteen, so she was still a few years behind. But instead of her daughter walking in as she had expected, it was Peter who made his way over to the mother.

The older Hale was wearing a suit which made Morgan confused as she had kept the low-key wedding under wraps from everyone apart from Derek and Nova but considering it was Peter, she didn't bother to question how he had found out.

"You didn't think you were going to walk down the aisle alone now, did you?" The man sincerely smiled at one of his oldest friends. Peter may be a coldhearted bitch sometimes, but he was always going to be there for them when it came to his family. Morgan smiled back to the uncle and gladly stood up and took his outstretched arm. The woman's long white dress hugged her curves and swished along as the two made their way downstairs.

The loft was decorated simply. Neither of the two getting married wanted anything extravagant, so a few candles and flowers were perfection to them. Both werewolves reeked of anxiety once they saw each other from across the rooms, but what overwhelmed them was the sense of love and happiness.

Nova stood next to Derek with a big smile on her face as the two people she loved most in the world were now loving each other eternally. Derek grinned when he saw how beautiful his girl looked in a wedding dress, and his heart felt full at the fact that even after everything that had gone on over the last few weeks, the woman still wanted to marry him.

Once Morgan and Peter had made their way up to the mini-ceremony stand they had created, the older Hale quickly handed the woman over to her fiancé and took his place to marry them officially.

Both parents were shocked that Peter could wed them legally, but again they didn't question him as Peter Hale was talking about. The uncle had never seen his nephew smile so much as he read out the wedding proposals and such, and after the 'I do's came the wedding vows that all the Hale family were looking forward too as it was a rather intimate moment.

Derek took a deep breath before deeply looking into Morgans eyes. He was nervous to say the few lines he had written for his vows to her, but after a reassuring smile from his daughter who stood next to him, the man started, his voice full of loving emotion.

"You are my light, my inspiration, and I am blessed to be able to call you my ever-loving wife." Everybody's eyes seemed to fill with unshed tears at the man's simple yet effective speech, and even if Peter wouldn't admit it, he felt an immense feeling of love towards his family at this very moment.

It was now Morgans turn to say a few words of love, but once she looked up into her soulmates gorgeous green eyes, it was like all her previous thoughts went out the window, so she decided to speak straight from the heart.

"I love you without fear, without hesitation, and promise to support you, encourage you, and cherish you as your wife. I love you, Derek Hale." Morgan almost whispered out the last sentence as she felt so overwhelmed with happiness at this moment. Peter quickly spoke up the final words everyone was waiting for, the words that would unite their souls for eternity.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

o. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.