"twelve"

❛ more bad than good. ❜

𝐀𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲

𝐀𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲. It had only been around ten minutes since the woman had woken up alone, and even though Derek hadn't been gone long, the brunette knew something was wrong.

So instead of ignoring her intuition, Morgan quickly got dressed and packed away hers and Derek's few belongings into a duffel bag before she left her motel room. A sudden sickness overtook the brunette as she walked downstairs to the front desk, and the shock went down her spine just like she had felt that morning.

But as Morgan made her way down to ask the woman at reception if she had seen the man she checked in with, she noticed the woman was now lying dead behind the counter. A bullet wound through her skull, but it wasn't just the blood that made Morgan feel sick; it was the postcard attached to the woman's head which read 'DEREK HALE'S A SOON TO BE DEAD MAN'.

Morgan muffled a scream at the body as she soon picked up the scent of what seemed to be hunters. This made the woman quickly grab Derek's car keys out of their bag with shaking hands and jog to his hired car. The pregnant women could sense her boyfriend wasn't anywhere near the motel that sat surrounded by nothing. Still, luckily, since Morgans memories were freshly in her mind, she could start the car and make her way back to somewhere she knew could help her find Derek - Beacon Hills.

Throughout the long car journey, the brunette kept on feeling the same tingles as before, sometimes for long periods of times, others just for a few seconds, but it felt like when you would accidentally take out a life plug from the wall, but it didn't hurt as much as being electrocuted.

But Morgan persisted on thought the slight currents felt throughout her body as they were nowhere near her stomach, and her baby was still happily kicking every so often, almost as if it was telling its mother that they were okay. By the time Morgan had gotten to Beacon Hills, it was already dark. She mainly blamed it on the fact that her baby was leaning on her bladder, which meant the woman had to stop at least every few hours to pee, but Derek's safety was on the line as she knew he wouldn't just vanish while they were by the side of an empty freeway with a scent of hunters just close by, he had been taken.

However, Morgan's help choices were running short as the school was now closed, and she didn't know where any of the supernatural teens lived. But like an angel sent from above, as Morgan drove around a corner, Deaton's animal shelters bright luminous lights drew her into the parking lot.

The woman remembered that Deaton used to come round and see Talia from time to time. Still, just the thought of Derek's now-deceased mother brought tears to the girl's eyes, but she had cried enough over the losses for the past few nights already. It was time for Morgan to be strong, just like Derek had been for all those years.