"eleven"

❛ anchors. ❜

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, he hadn't taken his eyes off of her

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, he hadn't taken his eyes off of her. The two - plus Cora - had decided to leave Beacon Hills for the time being after what had happened, but they hadn't travelled far until the young sister decided on going on her way.

It did slightly break Derek when he watched his sister get into her car and drive away from the small motel the couple were staying at until they got a more permanent place, but Cora promised she would always call the two.

Both Morgan and Derek hadn't spoken much to another since the werewolves had found each other; they mainly had just taken each other in, but just because they hadn't talked much, defiantly didn't mean they loved each other any less. Both adults constantly held each other or placed small kisses wherever they could as they cuddled on the rooms small couch.

They both now felt complete, but Morgan knew sooner or later they would have to talk about what had happened. She thought the best time to do it was just after their takeout meal, where they now lay on the motel's bed whilst Morgan's arms wrapped around Derek's torso and his hands rubbed her now even more growing stomach.

"Derek, my love, I think we should talk about what happened." The brunette mumbled as she looked up into her lover's eyes. Derek was already looking at the woman in his arms, and as he didn't want to accidentally get angry when they talked out what had happened all those years ago, so he reluctantly sat up and untangled himself from her.

"We don't need to say what happened that night I was bit, but I need to know what went on all the years I was unconscious and where we stand now." Morgan pleaded. It had been on her mind ever since she knew she was finally safe, like what had happened to her family or what had Derek been up to for all those years that had passed. But mainly what was going to happen now.

For all Morgan knew, Derek could've moved on; he could've got married and had kids. That thought didn't settle right within her, and Derek knew he had to start explaining by the way the woman's eyes shone yellow for a moment.

"After I thought you had died, I think a piece of me died with you. I couldn't even look at another woman without feeling disgusted that it wasn't you, so I decided to move out and live alone, that's when the fire happened at the house, everyone died apart from Peter, Cora, Laura and I. After your parents moved away without a trace, it sent me over the edge. I couldn't trust anyone." Derek started as he looked anywhere but Morgan as he noticed the tears in her eyes.

The man had been putting off the conversation due to the woman not knowing about the Hale house fire that killed many of his family members, including ones that Morgan was very close too.

"But when I saw you come out of that nemeton, I knew I would do anything for you and our baby. It felt like I could finally see the light again, like my world wasn't crumbling in front of me anymore," The man carried on confessing to the brunette. Derek had never been this open and vulnerable in his life, but Morgan seemed to bring out all the man's insecurities and somehow turn them into positive things.

"Morgan, I can't lose you, not again, I want to be able to build a life with you and our child, and I know we never broke up, but I need - no want, you to be mine again." Derek finally finished his long rant. To an outsider, it wouldn't sound anything like the werewolf's normal moody personality, but at that moment, Derek didn't care because he trusted the brunette with his life, and if he had to act like the softie he was in front of her, he would. The tears in Morgans eyes had vanished, and all was left was a bright smile on the girls face.

"Of course, I'll be yours." She gushed as Derek gently moved her onto his lap and placed a hand on her belly, her stomach had grown massively since last week as she now looked at least six months pregnant, but the girl just blamed it on the fact that Derek had been feeding and looking after the girl non-stop since their reunion.

Derek grinned at his pregnant girlfriend, and for the first time in many years, he finally placed his lips on hers. The kiss was gentle, not dominant or rough. It brought the two back to the very first kiss they had shared when they were teenagers and had snuck out to their special warehouse. Their lips were only pressed together for a few seconds before they broke apart and placed their foreheads upon each other.

"I love you, Derek Hale," Morgan mumbled after she had placed another peck on the man's lips, the werewolf almost growled in content at the girl's words, and he gladly copied her words.

"I love you too, Morgan Matthews."

With a full heart and a heavy arm placed around her waist, Morgan fell asleep feeling happy. Her baby and boyfriend were safe, and even though she didn't get too much information on her parents and brother, she knew Derek would've mentioned to her if they were ever in any danger.

What the brunette didn't expect when she woke up, though, was an empty bed. Derek was almost always right by her side when she woke up over the last few days, but his scent still lingered strongly in the air, so Morgan didn't worry about it too much. She just assumed he had gone to sort out the motel's bill as he had spoken about a few days ago.

But once Morgan had gotten up and was now getting herself some ice cream out of the mini-fridge of the room - her baby's wishes, not hers - what she didn't realise was that her boyfriend had been kidnapped. It happened as the man quickly went downstairs to pay the bill, which now lead Derek, along with his uncle, currently being tortured while the pregnant woman was digging into her ice cream to get the cookie dough chunks out.

o. 𝐩𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭.