Vansh's Ambition

Hale rubbed his belly. Things were well really. Vansh has been doing well in the league and he looked happy which was all Hale needed to see. Ira was asleep on his side. She is her father's girl and missed Vansh. The man is yet to visit though he promised he would be here after every match. He said they are practising harder this time.

Vansh didn't have much time to talk either. He was practising with all his might. He wanted to win this. He did miss Hale and Ira. But he will be going home soon. There is only a month more to go on and he will be fine.

Vansh looked up as the owner came in. He had his daughter with him. He has heard that she had rejected her mate. He felt pity because the mate's financial status played a role in her rejection. He thought of his Hale. His Hale, who did not care that he was a drunken mess and a no good wasted man. He wished Hale was here. Lost in his thoughts he did not notice the woman coming closer to him.

"Hi, I am Selena," she purred.

Vansh's wolf growled in anger. Vansh tried not to laugh but nodded.

"Hello"

"It is not always that we have a prince among us," smiled the owner Karema Vancleve.

"I am player like any other sir," said Vansh.

"You are so humble for the person who is the King's first in command and blood brother," said Selena coming uncomfortably close to him as her father looked on indulgently.

Vansh groaned furiously, managing to not show his anger outwardly. She was a slut. It was written on her body language and shamelesness in approaching a married- mated alpha. He can't believe her father is encouraging her.

"Excuse me, I was just leaving," he said as he walked out.

He saw a small girl run after her father and thought of Hale. Hale's second pregnancy was unexpected. Vansh was scared shitless as they had the age factor against them. He has asked the healers to keep him updated. The only thing assuring him of Hale's safety was that he was with their family.

Deep in thoughts, he did not see a hand coming to rest on his shoulder. The smell was enticing but it was nowhere near his Hale's. Selena was smiling at him and he heard the camera's going off.

"Paparazzi". Vansh just shook her hand away.

"How can I help you ma'am?" he asked making sure that his displeasure was known.

"I will let you know," she purred again as she took off.

------------------------------------

Hale tried not to pay attention to the gossip rags. There were pictures of Vansh and Selena the boss's daughter. One was of her looking at him enticingly outside the practice area and the other was of them exiting a coffee shop. Hale was trying not to let it affect him. Vansh calls every day. They never spoke of the gossip rags. 

---------------------------------------

Vansh was fuming. The bitch and her father had the audacity to get him papped with her again. He was not sure what their intention was. Karema had asked him to meet at the coffee shop and the bastard had excused himself halfway through leaving his drooling daughter with him. He was going nuts. He just wished the finals would come soon. But no, he still has the quarter final, semi and final. He was sure, they were going to get into the finals.

Vansh was growing tensed as Hale's delivery date approached.

---------------------------------------

"Hey Hale"

"Hey"

"What is wrong?"

"Nothing"

"Your healer said you are not having much food. He said you are- you are showing signs of withdrawal, baby what is wrong?" asked Vansh holding the phone close to his ears as he sat in his single bedroom, alone looking at a picture of Hale and Ira.

"Do you like her?" asked Hale finally.

Vansh froze. They have never spoken about the gossip. He did not want to stress out Hale and was sure that Hale would know it was all just gossip. Apparently, Hale thought otherwise. He was shocked that Hale felt the need to ask that question.

"Baby, she is the boss' daughter and an utter bitch. I have no clue as to how to shake them off my back without causing drama.  You should know by now that nothing in this world is important to me than you and Ira," said Vansh, wishing he was near Hale to hold him and tell him that Hale was like his own breath.

"Do you like her?" asked Hale again and Vansh was shocked that Hale was not believing his words.

"What's wrong with you Hale? Yeah, I like that bitch. Are you mad? Of course, I don't. Do I have to spell it out for you?" asked Vansh losing his cool.

Hale ended the call. Vansh regretted shouting. He was just so stressed out. Being away from them was hurting him and above that the doubt he heard in Hale's voice now, that hurt. They lost the match before the quarter-final. Thankfully they had already qualified. Vansh did not perform well at all. He was too wound up.

----------------------------------------

Hale felt bad for hurting Vansh with his words. He knew the words that left his mouth had not done Vansh any good. He decided to go and see Vansh. 

-----------------------------------------

Selena was running after Vansh. "You played well," she said grabbing his hand and raising it to her lips. He shook her hand away. "Come on, let you calm you down a bit," she said kissing him. He was too shocked for a moment and gaped when she tried to slide in her tongue and he wanted to puke. He pushed her away and was too furious to utter a word.

"Another time then when you are in a good mood," she smirked and ran off.

Vansh turned furious to see Hale standing there. Hale looked too shocked to say anything.

"What are you doing here?" asked Vansh. All he wanted to do was hug Hale but he was still furious. Hale's words were ringing in his ears throughout the match today and he was still angry.

"Did you see me loose. Are you happy now?" asked Vansh furiously.

Hale took a step back.

"I think I deserve an explanation for that," said Hale.

Vansh realised what Hale was talking about.

"Did you see me kiss her back? What is wrong with you all of a sudden? Did you come here to see if I am cheating on you? I am sure you will know if I had," said Vansh, still angry.

"Alpha- I "

"Maybe I should just have slept with her you know and there will be a point to all this shit I am going through now," snapped Vansh and he walked off to the team when Karema called. Once Karema had his usual rubbish talk Vansh came out regretting his words to Hale and looking for him. Hale has a key to his room so, he must be in there. But the room was empty. Vansh felt a teardrop slide down his eyes.

He had not even asked Hale how he is. His anger had ruled him and Hale has left.

--------------------------------

Hale cried himself to sleep that night. Ira was looking at him sadly. 

-------------------------------

Vansh went to his coach's room and asked him for permission to leave. In a few hours, Vansh was back in the palace. He spoke to the rest of the family as his eyes looked for Hale.

"We believe you Vansh. The healer was saying Hale is struggling because of the stress of the pregnancy," said Ma.

Vansh nodded and he went up. Ira jumped on him. He smiled and hugged his daughter. He had missed her like anything. He then looked at Hale who was asleep. Vansh smiled as Hale was wearing his shirt. He felt his eyes well up as he sat there looking at Hale. His fully pregnant tummy was rising and falling.

He dropped a kiss on Hale's forehead and slid into bed next to him.

------------------------------------------

One more chapter of angst... and we will be done. I will make Hale and Vansh happy. Promise. I would like suggestions on the pitiful fate Selena will have. Let me see who are all the saddists and venegeful ones here.