Brother- in - Law

The forest was buzzing. Avadh could feel the danger written in every step of the way. He could smell both rogues and the lone wolves. The only thing he was not sure was if they were in allies. The lone wolves were closer.

Avadh could feel the power emanating from the side. It was something he always felt only at the edge of Myrkovir. The fact that he could feel it here would only mean one thing. Avadh raised his hand, stopping Vansh, Viraat and Arav on their tracks.

Ethan felt the moment the King recognised his presence. He decided to show up. Avadh turned and behind them stood Ethan De Russe, none among the four or the hunters recognised him with that name anyway. However, they knew who this was. Dark death- the destruction itself.

"Ah, King, finally we meet," said Ethan. Ethan must say the guy emitted power. There was an aura around him.

"Your wolves have been creating mayhem in the villages and settlements nearby. They are no better than rogues when they attack hunters," said Avadh, without any introduction.

"The hunters who died at our hand kill for the fun of it, not because they were any immediate threat. It will continue to happen to any hunter who preys on the innocent," said Ethan.

"They can always raise a complaint. The palace boundaries are always open," said Avadh.

"Open? Maybe. But your hunters always ensure that the lone wolves are far away from those lands and to be honest, why would they come to you. You are yet to consider lone wolves as your people," said Ethan.

Avadh looked at the man in his eyes.

"The lone wolves are yet to prove they are looking for asylum and not to overthrow peace," said Avadh.

"So, we will battle it out I guess?" asked Ethan

"If that is how you prefer it, yes?" said Avadh

And the war began. It was ferocious. Ethan was going for the King, however, the number of hunters and lone wolves fighting in between them made it a slow journey.

Both sides were caught unaware when the rogues joined in.

Ethan had his claws out as he jumped towards the King and he saw Asinon twirling a new axe which looked to be from some blended metal which was now coming for the King's neck. Ethan's hands were already on Avadh's neck when he saw it and then Ethan froze when he took in a breath and he pushed the King to the ground and jumped out of the way himself. It hit one of the rogues and they melted on spot.

All froze and the battle came to a halt. Avadh's claws have torn a part of Ethan's skin as had Ethan's claws done to Avadh's shoulder and neck area.

Ethan's hand was on Avadh's collars, now both having changed into human form.

All lone wolves, rogues and the hunters were looking in shock.

"Why do you smell like Iker?" asked Ethan.

Avadh looked at Ethan.

"You smell like pack," said Avadh.

"Why do you smell like Iker?" asked Ethan.

"I smell like Iker because he is my husband, lover, mate and father of my kids," said Avadh as he sighed and pushed off Ethan and got on his feet.

Ethan was shell-shocked. So, his little Iker was bonded to this man here.

And he looked at the three hunters who surrounded Avadh, the King. He knew all three of the princes, has heard of them and then looked at the tallest among the three hunters. 

"You smell like Hale and you, he looked at the second one, you smell like Zal and you, he looked at the third, you smell pack," growled Ethan.

"Why does the one known as dark death know  Iker, Hale or Zal?" asked Avadh.

Ethan looked at the guy and he turned not wanting to say anything.

Avadh sighed and closed his eyes.

"Brother- in law" called Avadh as Ethan reached the end of the clearing.

Ethan stopped and turned to Avadh.

"I see you have powers rarely spoken about," said Ethan and he gave a curt nod and was gone. The lone wolves retreated. The rogues had vanished long before that.

"Does that mean the leader of the lone wolves is Ethan De Russe?" asked Vansh.

Avadh nodded.

"Wow, that solves one issue atleast," said Arav.

"How? That just increased our problems. How do we deal with it and not sleep on the couch," mumbled Vansh

Viraat snorted but nodded.

"Oh, come on you three, have you seen your husbands, I am sure they have their brother wrapped around their fingers. They will deal with him," said Arav.

Avadh nodded at that. "That is very true, Alpha Cristian would move a mountain for them," said Avadh.

Arav wanted to tease all three about how they would too, but refrained.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Once back in the palace, Iker rushed to Avadh's side. Avadh hugged him to reassure him.

"I am okay and guess whom we saw?" asked Avadh.

Iker looked up at Avadh.

"The man called dark death is actually pack," said Viraat.

Zal smacked him up the head, his head still buried on Viraat's shoulder.

"Can you stop the teasing and tell us already," asked Zal.

Hale looked expectantly at Vansh who smiled.

"Ethan De Russe," said Vansh.

"What?" Iker looked at Avadh.

Avadh nodded. 

"He even saved me from the new weapon Anson had on him when he smelt you on me," said Avadh.

Iker felt his eyes well up and Avadh held him closer knowing that if anyone else saw Iker like that, he would hate it. 

"How is he?" asked Zal.

"He seems fine and is sheltering close to 4000 lone wolves. He smelt you on me," said Viraat, as he ran his hand through Zal's shoulder. Zal nodded torn between happiness and a need to cry.

Viraat understood and wrapped his arm around Zal, "Let's go check on Vir," he said and both went upstairs.

Hale was looking at Vansh expectantly. Vansh smiled.

"He was able to smell you on me too. He must love you guys a lot. He seemed fine and I am sure in near future you will get to see him," said Vansh.

Hale nodded. Vansh knew his omega would go all emotional any minute now, so he led him up to their room soon murmuring soothing words in his ears.

Almost eight years of being away from their brother have hurt them all badly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan stormed into the mansion and slammed the doors close. He dipped himself in the bath and got out. Smelling his family has made him vulnerable on some level. They were less his brothers more his kids to him. Ethan is not a selfless person as the king is touted to be. He has his biases. If those were his brothers' mates, he was not going to let any harm come to them even at the hands of lone wolves. If Iker lives with him, King or not, he has to be a reasonable man. He was sure, they can reach some agreement about the lone wolves and territories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehm-- so I know,  I do a lot of drama in here. It just happens. I am sorry. But we still have some more drama to see. And you will have to wait for a couple more chapters to see the much-awaited meeting...aghhhh....