Ethan Veren De Russe

Ethan (PIC)

Ethan was furious. "A King should think about all the people under his reign. Lone wolves become so for a reason. He is just as incapable a king as any other so far of he refuses to step in and even join in on the attack, which makes him our enemy," said Ethan.

"He is known to be noble and kind to his people. A dialogue would be better," said Ashinta, an older lone wolf. Ethan saw his mother in her and almost always respected her words.

"It is the King who should seek, not the people. Then, that shows he is an incapable ruler," said Ethan stubbornly.

They had a pack house here in the deep dark depths of Myrkovir. Ethan never called it packhouse. He called it asylum. It is the place where the lone wolves found solace and safety. Now, there were settlements around it as people preferred small houses of their own over the mansion. Some of the lone wolves had found their mates who had come to live with them. With over 4000 wolves now living in Myrkovir, they were a werewolf town in the middle of a forest now. Each and every one of them had come looking for Ethan.

Ethan left the elders to have their own discussions and stepped into his room. He took a bath and came out. Once he got dressed, he picked some documents from the side and his eyes fell on the picture in the mantle. Cristian was smiling as he held both Zal and Iker in his arms. Valen and Terrance, both had their arms around him as he held Hale with one arm and the other reached out to both Zal and Iker. Ethan let his hand linger on the picture for a moment before he looked away.

He missed them. The werewolves called him dark death and heartless. It was true. True, except when it comes to his brothers. They all mean life to Ethan. It has been years since he last saw them. But in his mind, he keeps imagining their lives now. Cristian might have found his mate now. Who was he kidding all of them would have and might be little families of their own. He wondered about Zal, Hale and Iker's mates. For all the shit Zal throws, for all the stunts Iker pull, for the kindness that Hale is, he just hopes that they all found suitable mates.

He himself never really cared about finding his mate. Ethan prided himself in his strength and mates mean weakness. He can imagine even little Iker, who would be cold to anyone other than those who he loves, would have now loosened up a bit. For Iker, he wished that but for himself, he really needed to be strong. There is a lot to be done and Ethan can't lose focus on his aims.

In his early twenties, he has tried to be normal, like everyone. Partying, sex even drugs. Lost in the cloud of it all, he did not even realise he was asexual till the day he hooked up with a woman sober. It goes without mentioning that the sex was disgusting and unbearable that day. He drank himself to death before trying again and sent her away after rocking her world for sure. He has never taken that risk after that which meant his home and his room has been empty forever. He did not mind. Actually, he preferred this. It means fewer liabilities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alpha"

Atrey sat up, sweating badly. A man was being attacked. His back was turned and then someone was going from behind with an axe, a silver axe. They were about to hit the towering Alpha who was looking the other way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethan turned in time to see the axe reaching for him. He dived and grabbed the rogue by its neck and threw the wolf to the nearest rock. The rogue was bleeding heavily but it ran off with a painful growl.

Ethan looked at the other lone wolves.

"Go and ensure that they have left the boundaries," said Ethan as he tried to understand where the voice came from.

He had heard a voice. Someone called him 'Alpha'. The warning in the sound was the only thing that made him turn without thinking.

----------------------------------------------------

Iker watched smiling as Avadh made their kids sit on Ashton, their horse. Iker is always jealous when Avadh is near Ashton. One would think why is Iker jealous of a horse. Avadh is always amused as Ashton was the name of Avadh's first crush. Iker however, learned to tone down his jealousy a bit when he learned that, Ashton was actually one of the distant cousins of Avadh's from her side and the boy had died in the attack on the pack house. He also knew Avadh only had a small crush when they were really small kids, so well, if Avadh wanted to name his horse Ashton long before he even found Iker, well so be it.

Avadh smiled knowing exactly what Iker was thinking and placed an arm around him.

"You do realise, I am incapable of feeling anything for anyone other than you?" asked Avadh.

Iker blushed a bright red as he hit Avadh on his chest but nodded as he placed his head on Avadh's chest.

He still found it difficult to believe that, he pulled off a fire bond with Avadh. That day what he told Aldera was true. If he was touched by anyone other than Avadh with ulterior intentions, he would be reduced to ashes. However, that bond became complete only because Avadh committed. Avadh has responded positively to his fire bond prayer and thus gave his own essence and magic ensuring that he would also turn into ashes the moment someone touches him with ulterior intentions would. No King has ever made such a promise to their partner and Iker himself was surprised when he realised it as he was tied down magically by Aldera.

He looked up at Avadh, who was still looking at him.

"I know, things are bad in the borders. Just, stay safe? Will you?" asked Iker.

Avadh nodded.

"Anything for you. Anything" said Avadh and kissed Iker on his forehead.

--------------------------------------------------

"We are going to draw the king out," said Ethan. The lone wolves agreed, their response echoing in the wild.

--------------------------------------------------

"When the lone wolves fight the royal hunters, we will take down the King," said Rogue Asinon as he twirled the silver axe in his hand.

-----------------------------------------------------