The Lone Wolf's Mate

The group of lone wolves were doing rounds at night in Myrkovir. Kaleo and his wife Sali led the team. They were good lieutenants. They saw the cute blue fluffy wolf. 

One of them was going to throw a poisonous stone but Sali stopped them. She was old enough to know harmless wolves. She extended her hand to the wolf which jumped on her. The wolf was heavier than it looked and seated itself on the elderly ladies shoulder.

Someone rushed to the Chief to inform him that a wolf was found in Myrkovir

----------------------------------------

Ethan was lying awake in his bed. Since the day he left his mate's side like a coward, he was unable to sleep. And strange enough, the connection did not convey much. All he could feel was the determination from Atrey's side and he was sure that he was going to achieve whatever it was. He hoped it was to move on sensibly and even as he hoped so, it made him growl with anger.

The call to deal with an issue in the woods was more like a reprieve for him from his dark thoughts. What he definitely did not expect to see was his mate sitting on Sali 's shoulder, one of the hunters among the lone wolves. Her husband looked amused as he looked on.

Ethan almost rolled his eyes at the colour of Atrey's wolf but he was too shocked to any of it. 

"We found him in the depths of Myrkovir. He seemed too innocent and fragile to be bound up and he has been a good kid since then," said Sali fondly and Ethan could see motherly love flowing.

"Get down from her shoulder, Atrey," said Ethan and Atrey jumped down. Then he jumped on Ethan. He saw many raise their weapons but Ethan raised his hand and stopped them as he held the blue wolf.

"Transform, I need answers," said Ethan.

Atrey changed into his human form.

"Yeah, he is cute even in his human form," muttered some.

"What are doing here? Are you insane? Crossing Myrkovir at this time of the night. What are your brothers and brother in laws doing? Do they even know what idiocy you just did? Tabora edges were closer to the area you would have come through. They are the most dangerous rogues in history and are waiting to get something to hold against your brother. Do you have sense?" asked Ethan.

"You know him?" asked Ashinta, the old maid.

"I am too tired. I need to sleep first," said Atrey.

"No, I am taking you to the palace now," said Ethan

"Do you have a lover?" asked Atrey.

"I don't and you know I don't " snapped Ethan.

"Is there someone you care about romantically?" asked Atrey

Ethan almost pulled out his hair.

"No, Atrey can you please stop with your idiotic questions?"

"Did you get married?" asked Atrey

"No, I did not. Now come along," said Ethan grabbing Atrey's hand. Atrey shook away Ethan's hand.

"I came here to live with you. This is my home, you can't ask me to go back to somewhere which does not feel like home anymore," said Atrey as he glared back at Ethan.

"You can't do that" snapped Ethan.

"I can and I will," said Atrey.

"This is my house," said Ethan.

"Exactly why I am going to live here," said Atrey and then looked at the crowd of lone wolves who were looking at them with open mouths.

"Hello, I am Atrey Alwar," said Atrey and many recognised the name as the KIng's brother.

"I am Alpha Ethan's mate. I have left some of my luggage at the edge, if someone can collect it for me it would be really great or I would do it myself in the morning," said Atrey and walked into the mansion, his mansion.

Ethan stood silent for five minutes straight and then looked at all the wolves around. He looked at Sali.

"Go get his bags," he said.

He turned to see Ashinta was not there. She probably went with Atrey.

------------------------------------

Atrey liked Ashinta. She seemed to care about his mate like a son. "This is Chief's room, you can go in there and settle yourself. Do you want something to eat?" asked Ashinta.

"Some hot chocolate would do," said Atrey smiling as he entered Ethan's room. He took a bath. The room smelled of Ethan and that itself was comforting.

Ethan walked into his bedroom. He saw Atrey come out of the bath wearing his shirt and settle down on the couch.

Ethan sat on the bed and looked at him.

"What is your intention?" asked Ethan.

"Told you. I have decided that I will live here. You know a wolf can't settle down anywhere that is not home. This feels home," said Atrey as he played with the hem of Ethan's shirt.

Then Ashinta knocked on the door.

"Enter"

She gave the hot chocolate to Atrey and left after smiling to Ethan who gave a curt nod back.

"It is not the protected life you lived in the palace here. This is real life thing. You wouldn't last a day here in the midst of the woods," said Ethan.

"A bond is to share happiness, sorrow, pain,  grief and struggle too," said Atrey.

Ethan laid down on the bed. 

"Don't complain. Because you have none of your family or your caretakers to indulge your needs and wants," said Ethan.

"Okay," said Atrey and kept the cup away as he got up from the sofa.

Ethan then sighed and moved to a side, making space for Atrey who sat down on the bed and then laid down. Ethan pulled the comforter up and he closed his eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Atrey woke up in the morning to Ethan's sleeping face and smiled. He could get used to this. 
Ethan felt the eyes on him and his hands reached up to strangle Atrey. Atrey's whimpers woke Ethan up completely and he let go.

He looked at Atrey's neck to make sure there was no injuries and then got up and left.