Taming Ethan

Okay, So no more drama with any other couple. Now, a little drama with Ethan and Atrey and in about 10 more chapters we will be done. The end of our Alwar- De Russe stories.

Atrey woke up in the arms of his Alpha. He scowled. The man can be hot and cold when he wanted to be. Atrey was so not giving up on them. He sat up and scowled seeing his things lined up outside and sighed. He was going to teach his Alpha a lesson. The man was going to come to him now. Atrey asked the maids to help him set up the room opposite Ethan's and set his stuff in there. Ethan woke up and panicked on not seeing Atrey by his side. He rushed out and saw said Omega helping maids set up a few things in the room opposite to his.

He then saw Ethan and his questioning look.

"The Alpha should knock before he enters" read the sticker in Atrey's hand which he struck to the door. Ethan's eyebrows raised. He wanted to laugh but did not want to offend his omega who was being really cute with his antics.

Atrey slammed the door shut on Ethan's face. Ethan saw the amusement on the maids' face and did not say anything. If Atrey was going to act like the baby he was, he was not going to stop him. 

They silently had breakfast.

"Do you know the number of lone wolves?" asked Atrey.

"Around 4000 here," said Ethan.

"How many women? men? kids? families?" asked Atery.

"We are not a pack. This is just a temporary asylum. They shouldn't have to be kept under -"

"If you had the proper numbers, you would be able to effectively use your hunters to protect all rather than through vague assessments. I am going to take the actual numbers and make every one count. I hope you don't object," said Atrey

"Well, if you have no other job? They will all leave in the near future," said Ethan

Atrey just snorted and said "I will prepare myself for the disappointment," said Atrey as he sat up and took both of their plates and left.

Ethan shook his head exasperated but he left. Three days later, Atrey was reading through papers as he sat next to Ethan while having breakfast.

"So what are you going through ?" asked Ethan.

"It is the survey results," said Atrey but did not look up.

Ethan, however, looked up at the answer.

"You took the numbers? asked Ethan.

"Yes, we have  2775 men, 2000 women and 225 kids," said Atrey

"That many kids?" asked Ethan.

"Yes, some of them has procreated while they were in 'asylum' " said Atrey stressing on the word asylum to get some sense into his mate. 

Ethan did not say anything.

"Of them, 11 are orphans. Some were left at the edge of the forest on various occasions as you know," said Atrey.

"I had asked Sali and her husband Koelov to handle it," said Ethan.

"And they are. It is a mini orphanage where they are struggling to take care of all 11 kids. So I have suggested adoption within the lone wolves as Sali and her husband already has 4 kids of their own," said Atrey accusingly.

"Well, forgive me, I was busy keeping them all alive," snapped Ethan.

"Well, you should know who and what you are protecting and if they are all okay? Sometimes it is not just protection that people need," said Atrey. 

Ethan sighed. He got up without finishing his breakfast.

"You didn't- started Atrey.

"I am not hungry," said Ethan as he walked out.

Ethan could feel Atrey's words echo in his mind. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

In the evening, Ethan found Atrey among a hill of papers. 

"What is all this?" asked Ethan genuinely surprised.

"I had healers examine the lw's in the northern side. This is their basic health data and all information beginning from which pack they come from, mother tongue, mates, their origin, living family, so on and so forth," said Atrey.

"Did your brother put you up to this?" asked Ethan sighing.

"No, he and Iker have enough in their platter worrying about whether the rogue poison will harm the new baby or not," said Atrey.

"They are both idiots. Their fire bond will negate all the poison. Now, back to this, why on earth are you doing this? Are you that bored?" asked Ethan.

"No, This is called documentation. If in future the King tries you for war crimes, I will need something to prove that the people were living a good life and were here willingly to get my mate released, won't I?  To be honest, I just want to know who you are giving asylum to," said Atrey.

Ethan gave up arguing and sat down next to him. He let Atrey explain about the people he protects in the northern side and frankly he was surprised by the various tribes they housed.

"So which one is next. I must warn you, the more volatile lone wolves live in the southern edge," said Ethan, impressed with the work.

"South is for last. Will be doing the Eastern side tomorrow and the day after. Then I am giving a weekend holiday for all those who are helping me and we will resume next week," said Atrey.

Ethan did not say anything. He then dropped a small kiss on Atrey's forehead as he got up and left.

Etray blushed red and couldn't bring himself to believe what happened, so he kept on looking at the paper, smiling at the paper.

--------------------------------------------------

Ethan has no idea about what came over him. It just felt like the right thing to do. So he did it. Ethan knew he was compromising himself. He was finiding less and fewer reasons to not give in as days went by. His mate was a beautiful and rare specimen as it is.

----------------------------------------------------

Atrey sighed. He forgot to tell Ethan about his supervision when it comes to managing the 11 adoptions. Well, after all they lived next door. Atrey had a small smile on his face as he got to Ethan's room and knocked on the door.

"Enter"

"No"

Ethan rolled his eyes at the stubborn reply and came out.

"What is it?" asked Ethan.

"This is the list of the 11 kids who will have to be adopted and I have applications with me. You will over see it as you will know the people better than I do," said Atrey.

Ethan nodded as he took the paper.

"Okay, Good night Alpha," said Atrey and turned and went to his own room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------