Hey Brother

"Hey Brother," said Ethan as he turned and came face to face with Cristian.

Cristian's face had so much anger and so much love in it. Ahem stood on his side and was looking at him with surprise and then he was looking at Cristian.

"This is Ethan?" asked Ahem, a question he almost seems to know the answer to.

Cristian nodded and came close to Ethan who did not move. He just bowed his head. Ethan has never bowed his head to any other Alpha than his brother, not even to their father.

Ethan felt the hand on his head. Next thing, he is breathing in his brother's calming and affectionate scent. He has grown up giving Cristian the dad's position than to Algernon and time and again Cristian had proved him right in giving him that position.

"How can you stay away for this long from all of us?" asked Cristian.

Evan did not break away from his brother's embrace. He let Cristian kiss on his forehead and cheek. Once he did, Ethan willed back all his composure. 

"It was a long journey and I have an aim. I am yet to fulfil it," said Ethan.

Then he looked at Ahem and folded his hand and greeted him in the traditional way.

"Brother-in-law," said Ethan 

Ahem placed his hand on Ethan's hand and then on his head. He too dropped a kiss on Ethan's forehead and cheek.

Ethan looked at them both.

"I have a lot to do. I must leave now. I just wanted to see how the boys are. They seem fine and Aldera- I will be keeping an eye out too," said Ethan.

Cristian started to say something.

"Don't stop me," said Ethan and turned and vanished into the thick wilderness.

-------------------------------------------

Atrey sat up on his bed, sweating. He was doing this a lot now. He just felt his Alpha's presence. Atrey scowled. This is what happens when you think of your prince charming day and night.

Atrey growled but got up and opened his cupboard. After his dad's death, he had been scared to sleep. Then Avadh had bought him a wolf pillow. He had named it Alpha. Atrey always tried to act his age and not be childish. But he was not able to sleep and it is not as if someone is going to find out that he still slept hugging a stuffed wolf. The wolf was an unusual coffee brown colour.

-----------------------------------------------

Ethan felt a call deep in him to go back to the palace but he kept running in the direction of Myrkovir. He has a lot of things to plan, the first thing on the list being Aldera's downfall. No witch was going to hurt his family and Ethan wanted the full story. He cursed his lack of thinking and decided to mind link Cristian.

He felt Cristian sigh through the mind link.

"I am not a kid you know to get lost in the forest," Ethan couldn't resist saying.

"You are always going to be a kid to me," said Cristian.

Ethan was grateful that no one else was hearing this. 

"What happened? I want to hear everything- or see everything" said Ethan.

Cristian closed his eyes and Ethan was able to see, from the day Ahem met Cristian to everything that followed, except the private things really! All the attacks and issues were what he saw. Throughout the things he saw, only the faces of people he ha already met were clear. The other faces were all blurred.

Ethan eased his breath. He couldn't believe his brothers went through all this. Though he had initially felt angry at his three brothers-in-law, he knew that all three loved their mates with their lives. So, there was no place for anger. The fire bond earned Avadh another point in his table.

-----------------------------------

Next day, Iker insisted on going for the raids with Avadh. Both of them lost all the tiredness and along with it the redness in their eyes and Avadh had to give in.

Atrey took charge of the boys along with Hale because Vansh absolutely refused to let Hale come so soon after giving birth and Zal refused to stay back after the bad experience they have with witch magic. 

Hale, however, understood where Vansh was coming from as he still got tired after some time of working. He would only risk them all by going. Vansh smiled at Hale.

"I will be fine, okay?" he asked Hale who nodded smiling.

--------------------------------------

The attack was from all sides. It was not just the dark witches and wizards. There were rogues too, most of them magically brought back from death which made them darker and more dangerous than the actual rogues.

That was the day the wolves of Manowar actually saw why the heirs of Ilse were feared. They understood why Iker's name made wolves pee. The man was ruthless. Avadh watched his mate admiringly and proudly as he dealt with the rogues.

Vansh was surprised by the silver axe. Though it froze him for a moment and slashed through his arm, this time Vansh had a lot to fight for. He grabbed the axe and threw it back at Asinon who lost a chunk of his hand at the hit. Vansh groaned because he could feel Hale's panic and knew his husband will be here in no time and sure enough, Hale jumped on top of Vansh and was running his palm over the wound. 

Avadh soothed the wound with his arm. The bleeding stopped, however, there was immense pain which Hale was taking away. Hale got his human form back and was holding tightly to Vansh who smiled fondly at him.

Hale glared. "You said you will be safe. I am not leaving without you from this woods," said Hale.

Vansh nodded as he pulled Hale to him and dropped a kiss on his forehead not caring who saw. Hale smiled as he sat up and got Vansh to sit up. 

Hale turned to see Asinon struggling to pull the silver axe from his arm. Hale's eyes changed into his wolf's as he looked at Asinon and all the pain he has given Vansh came into his mind and Hale pulled the axe out. He was a mother and a mother's magic always kept the silver's power away. Asinon gulped as he saw the Axe going for his chest, then to his stomach, then to his hip and then to his neck. Hale's claws came out as he tore the intestines out of Asinon whose face still had the look of shock as he looked at his torn body and at Vansh's husband, lover and mate, Hale of Ilse while taking his last breath. The Omega was seeing him for the first time as the one time they had met earlier, Hale's attention was totally on Vansh and now Asinon understood the power of mates and regretted rejecting his own mate.

"You dared to touch my mate" was all that Hale growled as Asinon lost his life. Asinon's last thoughts were that "he never thought an Omega had it in him to kill a rogue Alpha".

Vansh was the first one to recover from the shock as he placed an arm around Hale and calmed him down, running soothing circles around Hale's shoulder. Hale was back to his human senses and rested his head on Vansh's chest as he looked at the dead rogue. He couldn't find it in himself to regret it. 

------------------------------------------