5. Venomous

Lycaon followed Zorion, he was afraid of the situation. Zorion's wife gave birth. This situation hit back his past, about his mother, his father, and his behavior. 'What if she dies too? Will Zorion turn like his father?' The thought was piercing him with every step he was taking towards him. He saw Zorion hurriedly pushing aside the curtain and entered in a chamber. His legs froze on the spot. He was unable to take any step further. He moved back and turned around. Without having a glance or asking anything, he walked straight towards his chamber. He could hear the happy voices of people but he didn't dare to look around. Reaching the chamber, he went in and shut the door behind him. Leaning back on the wooden door he was waiting for news, any news but death. After staying for a while he sat on a chair and took a silver glass for a drink. The jar of the wine was already empty; hardly half a cup was filled. Taking the glass he sat on the bed and took 2 sips. Keeping the glass aside he laid back on the bed with his hand covering his eyes.

"Father, look," Lycaon said, showing a paper.

"Huh." Placing the mug of the drink with a thud sound, he looked down at his 4 years smiling son. He snatched the paper from his son. There was something written on it.

"A monster like you can write something like this." Crumbling the paper, he threw it away.

"Father! I am not a monster." He ran to pick up the paper. But his father held him with the back of his collar.

Turning Lycaon's face to face him, he said. "You killed your mother!" You are a monster who ate his own mother." Pushing him away, he took the mug again to drink more.

"I don't know how she died. I didn't kill her!" Lycaon cried.

While drinking he looked down at his son. "The moment you came into this world, she died."

Lycaon's eyes turned moist at his words. He didn't know how his mother died. Having the title of a monster that killed his own mother was like sharp thorns being stabbed in his heart. Crying, he ran away from his father.

Recalling the past he laid there, thinking how his father hurt him. He couldn't come up with any blissful moment between them. Ever since he gained his senses, he never mentioned his old man as a father. He's always a king to him, only a king. A knock on the door brought him out of his thinking. He swiftly opened the door and saw Zorion. Lycaon looked at him with the mixed expression of question and fear.

"What's so scary?" Zorion asked.

He didn't respond to his question and continued to express the same emotion. Zorion slammed the door with a loud sound which alarmed Lycaon. He responded with a sudden blink. Pulling out the chair, Zorion sat on it and said. "Not everyone dies."

Lycaon looked down at him with wide eyes then the constant cold calm was back on his face. Pulling out another chair he sat too then glanced on the hourglass, almost an hour passed. Taking one more sip from the glass, he asked. "Then why did she die?"

Lifting the jar for a drink Zorion said. "Well, it's not..." But stopped in the middle of the sentence and said. "Why is the jar empty? You drank the whole jar!"

"No! It was already empty." Lycaon replied.

"That's strange." Zorion kept the jar on the table and stood up. Asking him to follow, he went out.

"What took you so long?" Lycaon asked, following him.

"Your father." Just 2 syllables said everything. Whenever the king calls, he would take a long time in his talk while drinking dead.

"King." Lycaon corrected him.

Zorion went in first then called Lycaon. When he entered he saw a baby in his hand. He went closer to have a proper look. Its face was round with brown eyes. He glanced at the baby, then at Zorion and then at his wife. The moment his gaze fell on his wife, he could see fear written all over her face. Even his wife fear Lycaon. Her eyes were wide and sweat rolled down her temple. Averting his gaze, he has one last look of the baby and went out. Returning the baby to his wife, Zorion came out too.