7. Sweven

Liserli Kaiser

Placing a foot in a shoe, she raised her dress to wear another pair of shoes. Red shoes on her pale legs, seeking from the frills of her silk dress. Straightening her, she exhaled a breath while a maid tightens her corset. Two maids on either side pulled silk red gloves on her hands. The gloves ending at her upper arms aligned along with the strapless red dress. Her black hair parted from the middle with strands of braids forming a crown on her head. A maid brushed her rest of the hair which covered the back of the corset. She smiled at the mirror on her reflected attire when a maid applied red color on her lips with her finger. Lifting her chin, she waved the maids to leave. Bowing her with their heads, they left.

Lifting her dress, she walked to a table were lots of different flowers arranged on its frame and a candle lighted in the center. She picked up a violet flower. Outstretching her hand, she placed the flower above the lighted candle. "By the first of my name, I seek protection for your house. Aphaea the Goddess of fertility, safeguard us from all the chaos." At the end of her recitation, the flower burned and its ashes fell on the plate beneath the candle frame.

"Is that necessary all the time?" Vidarr asked.

Moving away from the table, she walked towards him. Stooping to his height, she pushed his long brown curls over his right ear. Stroking her thumb under his eye, she said. "You know how much important deity is for our family."

Pushing her hand, he turned his head aside. He was not the one to believe in their everyday rituals, neither brave enough to speak against the king. His sister is the only one he speaks with. Wearing his hat, he adjusted his shoulder-length hair.

"Why don't other sisters read these phrases and do these rituals? And why I only have sisters?" He asked.

She gave a gentle laugh to her brother. Lifting his hat, she held his face with her hands. Again pushing back the hair of his face, she looked in his eyes. "Why don't you ask with other sisters? She asked.

"I don't like any of them." He averted his eyes.

"You will be my Knight one day. You cannot always keep on averting your eyes." She said.

"Why would you inherit the realm?" He asked.

"It's the same reason why I perform all the rituals." Lifting the hat further, she kissed his forehead. Pushing her away, he pulled down his hat.

Moving back, she straightened her form. "Soon you will be eight, a ritual will be held and I have a perfect gift for you."

A knock on the wooden door took their attention. "It's time to leave Milady, Milord." A soldier came to inform.

They walked out of her chamber. One of her sisters was already standing in an enormous hall of the castle. The walls of the hall were decorated with contracting flowers. Candle stands were placed in between the painted pots, arranged in a parallel manner along with the walls. Tables were set at certain distances filled with all kinds of foods and drinks. At one end of the hall, three stairs platform was created, on it a throne at the center, exactly to the opposite of the entrance.

Smiling at her older sister who was dressed in shades of pink, Liserli walked towards the entrance. Her second mother, the second queen of the palace was waiting. She was dressed in a long brown dress, fancy flowers decorating around her waist. Her neck was decorated with flower jewelry and brown curls were tied in a neat bun formed inside her crown. Liserli smiled and bowed at the second queen, who outstretched her hand. Taking her hand, she gave a peck on its back in the form of respect. Though she was 13, the youngest among all sisters, she was more respectful than others.