6. New beginning.

Holding the bow and arrows, Cressida walked into the woods. Her eyes were sad gazing at the ground. No tears could drop her pain anymore. Reaching the end of the forest, she arrived at the outskirts of a village near the seashore. People were standing in groups with luggage. She looked around were merchants in the tents selling pearls and stones. Fishermen selling fishes at the harbor.

"I am tired of eating fishes." A lady shouts near the harbor. Cressida marched towards her. Many people circled the fishermen.

"We don't have anything else to eat here." An old lady responded.

The argument; only able to eat fish, grew more. People were choosing certain fishes. Listening to their argument, Cressida ran into the jungle. Searching and running around the jungle, she was looking for something. Pulling out the bow and arrow, she again began to run. After some time she came out of the jungle breathing heavily. Standing in front the fishermen stall she shouted.

"Rabbits! Rabbits for sale!!"

Everyone in the crew turned toward her. She was holding three rabbis in her hands. Placing them on the ground, she shouts again. "Fresh rabbits for sale."

A lady who was complaining walked towards her. Looking down at the rabbits, she pointed at one. "How much does it cost?"

Cressida confused on the question. She doesn't know the price. Looking at the golden coin in her hand she said.

"Five gold coins."

A fisherman shouts at her. "That's too costly. Do those rabbits eat pearls?

Cressida looked at the lady who glared at her and marched back.

"Five silver coins, I mean silver." Cressida walked in front to stop her.

"That's too cheap. Are those dead for days?" The fisherman shouts again.

What's wrong with this man? Cressida though. "No. I hunt them just now." People around her laughed at her. "You hunt them?" Confused by their questions she thought can't they hunt? She again shouts. "Fresh rabbits for sale."

A man came by her side and picked one rabbit. Placing ten silver coins in her hand, he took the rabbit and went. The same lady again came to her.

"Are those fresh?"

Cressida gave a nod then the lady took out five silver coins. Refusing them, she raised the price to ten.

"Don't you play, boy." The lady said.

She displayed the coins the man gave her. Murmuring something, the lady gave her the amount and took the rabbit. Soon the second rabbit was sold too. Watching the whole scene, a woman beckoned her from a shop. The shop was small with bread and potatoes placed in the baskets. Picking up the last rabbit, she went to her. The woman bought the last rabbit. Looking at the bread, Cressida asked the price. Bought the bread with three silver coins, she sat beside the shop and began to eat.

"From where did you get these rabbits?" The woman asked.

"I hunt them." She said again and took a bite.

"A little boy like you can hunt them." She astonished.

Boy? She thought then glanced at her. Nodding, she took another bite.

"Where do you live?" The woman asked.

"Nowhere," Cressida replied.

"What do you mean?"

"I have no home."

The woman thought for some time, then gave Cressida an offer.

"You can stay in my shop."