11. On land

Cressida could hear Verena's voice from inside the cabin. She was standing at the door, water dripping from her form. When she held the door nob to enter, her hand stunned on hearing Verena's words.

"She sees visions like you."

Cressida moved forward to listen clearly. "I'm seeing my past in her," Leander said. She gulped and moved further close, placing her ear on the door.

Not too soon, the door to the cabin suddenly opened, revealing Cressida eavesdropping. She looked up at Verena who was staring down at her, anger was written all over her face. When Cressida opened her mouth to speak, Verena clapped her, making her wet hair splash water. Tears building up in her eyes. Placing her palm on her cheek, Cressida moved back. Wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, Cressida turned to run.

"Verena.." Leander said.

"I was afraid we might lose her," Verena said, staring at her hand that clapped her.

Taking a deep breath, Leander closed his eyes. Tilting his head high, he was recalling his past. "She will leave one day."

Moving her arm from her eyes, Cressida gazed at the bright sky above her, the sun was peeking out from the clouds. The surrounding was lively around her, people walking, selling, and trading. She was lying on her horseback, looking up in the sky, reminiscing the moment which still remained mysterious. It's been a month since she left them and step on the land for vengeance. Jumping down from the horse, she looked around at the change that happened in these five years. Standing in front of an armor shop, she glanced down at her form. Remembering, once Verena said; you will need an armor one day to protect and veil your feminine form.

Smiling, Cressida leaned on the door frame of the shop recalling her farewell. Leander didn't saw her leaving. The moment they drop the anchor at the shore, he left before Cressida to refill the supplies and Verena was crying like a little girl. She breathes a gentle laugh, then the whining of her Onyx took her attention. People were running passed by her horse, gathering in a circle at some distance.

Climbing her horse, she moved forward to the source of the commotion. "C'mon boy, lets see what gains the public eye."

Two people in the center of the crowd were fighting over a fish they captured. She scorned at them in disdain and turned back to the armor shop."Did you see that Onyx? Just a fish, tch! What if I give them an octopus?" Cressida threw her hands in the air.

Onyx raised his forelegs and neighed loudly. "Calm down boy. Did you like my idea that you are excited abou-?"

Before she could finish her sentence a couple of men came out from the lane between the shops, followed by another person on a beautiful white horse. He was covered from head to toe. A simple attire, white laced shirt, black trousers with boots, and a cloth on his face as a veil.

'Is that a girl too? With all those covering.' Cressida thought for a moment. Her eyes stopped and stared at the eyes of the person; the only visible part and followed along with it. She couldn't ignore the strange similarity that eyes hold, it reminds her of Leander, the strange attraction was engulfing her. Those men moved forward and looked down at the fighting people, following the gaze of that person, Cressida glance at the crowd. They were tossing a coin for it. When she looked back in the eyes, they were reading the moments of the coin in the air until it was caught in a hand.

"What the sard!" Cressida swears it out loud enough to be the eye of the men on the horses. The person on the white horse looked at her with narrowed eyes. Covering her mouth with one hand, she pulled down the hood of her cape with the other to cover further.