8. Princes conflict

It was the fortnight and time for the ceremony to hold. Everyone was busy in tonight's preparation. But, Zorion was busy in searching, searching for Lycaon in the whole castle. He was nowhere to be found. Zorion looked at every chamber, all corridors, dungeons, training hall, and terrace. Running his hand through his hair he exhaled a deep breath.

He criticized under his breath. 'This kid!'

He once again went to look in the training hall. It was a huge hall with all the necessary equipment arranged at on side of the wall, dozens of swords hanging on the wall some with their sheath, some inside shields, and some naked, without any cover. The next row was of bows, different kinds of bows, crossbows, large bow, double arrow bow, following by the axes, spears, and all the other weapons. From the center of the ceiling, a long rope was hanging, thick and heavy, underneath was a futon made of dried grass. To the right, there was a small stone fountain, water spouting from it, flowing down the stone it was being stored in a stone platform of depth one inch.

Viewing the whole area in details he was unable to find Lycaon. He left the hall in frustration and slammed the metal door loudly. Looking around, he sensed being stalk and began to walk slowly. Taking careful steps he glanced around by the corner of his eyes. Making his steps longer, he made left and right turns in the corridors and confirmed someone was following him. Speeding up his pace he took a right turn to trick the stalker. Falling in his trick the stalker did the same and lost the track of Zorion. When he stopped to look around, Zorion jumped down and placed his sword on his neck and wrapped a hand around his body.

"Don't kill me." The man said.

Zorion noticed the man was one of the soldiers of their castle. Twisting back the hand of the man, Zorion pressed the sword further and said. "Speak."

"Milord, Lord Prince asked me to follow you." The soldier said.

"Where is he?" Zorion asked.

"He went hunting."

"With whom?"

"Two soldiers."

Dropping his hands, Zorion sheath back his sword. Pulling out his smoke pipe, he lighted it with a nearby wooden torch. Inhaling the flavor he released a dense smoke covering his face. Looking at him, he removed the pipe and said. "Spill."

"At the time of dawn, Lord Prince called us. He said he will be gone for hunting. We asked to accompany him so he took two of the soldiers with him and told me to keep an eye on you. He warned me not to tell you about him." The soldier said everything in one breath.

Zorion was still looking at him with the same look on his face. He was not satisfied with the incomplete information the soldier was giving. Zorion raised his brows at the man, indicating - Is this all? The man gulped and said. "He will not be back until the next morning."

Zorion scoffed sarcastically and inhale through the pipe. "Run!" Smoke emitting out of his mouth as he speaks. "And bring him back before the sunset."

The soldier nodded and ran out of his sight. Leaning back on the wall, he gazed at the ceiling, smoking his pipe. He was lost thinking when the pipe was out of the smoke. The emptiness of the pipe brought him back from his deep thoughts. Inverting his pipe, he placed it in the waistband. Straightening his form he rubbed the back of his head and yawned. A soldier came to inform that the king wants to see him. 'With a little time of peace, I was starting to sleep' he thought and walked with the soldier.

----------

Ridding the horse, he held the loaded bow aiming at his prey. "Hah!" He made a sound to speed up the horse and target a boar which was madly running in the jungle. Speeding up the pace he bends forward and held the arrow until the target was in a perfect position. He stretched the arrow further and releases it. The arrow hits the neck of the boar which slammed his head on the tree and fell sideways.