9. Sense in the sea

Holding the railings of the ships, Cressida stood straight, her legs wobbling by the movements caused by the waves. Stooping forward she looked down at the ocean crashing against the ship, water droplets splashed on her face. Raising her head she viewed the bright sky, the sun was hidden behind the clouds, warm golden rays peeking out, glinting and hiding by the moving clouds. The cold wind creasing her face while freezing her nose at the same time. Taking a deep breath, she tastes the sea in the wind, letting the breeze hit her face. The coldness in the air tickled her ears.

It took her a week to get used to the sea. Every time, either she would puke or fall by the moving ship. Looking up in the sky she saw a bird diving towards her. She tiptoed to have a proper look. The more she looked the bigger it gets. Hurriedly, she closed her eyes and bends down her head. The wind blew heavily around her and a sudden chirping sound of the bird made her open her eyes. Slowing opening her eyes, she saw the bird sat on the shoulder of the man. Her honey orbs twinkled and lips curled into a smile when she recognized the bird. It was a white bird with a long white tale, sky blue feathers peeking out from the white ones, a blue comb on its head forming a crown, blue eyes and white claws with blue stripes.

"It's the rare bird from the north." She shouts.

Leander looked down at her; excitement was all over her face. "How did you know?" He asked.

"I heard about it from savant." She came closer, gazing at the bird.

Crouching down, he smiled at Cressida. His eyes same as usual, sharp as an eagle. Whenever she closely looked at him, his eyes were the ones that took all her attention.

"Nordika." Leander took the bird in his hand and brought it closer to her. She flinched back then slowly outstretched her hand to pat it.

"It's beautiful. I have always imagined north a beautiful place." She said.

"Living there will change your views." Leander stood up.

"Are you from the north?" Cressida asked, beaming her eyes at him. Every time listening to the stores about it she always dreamed to visit there.

He looked down at her joyful face and gestured his hand towards her. Following his action, the bird sat on her head. She almost ducked down by its weight. Raising her eyes, she asked again. "Where are you from? And what views?"

Ignoring her completely he stood and moved back, making a whistling sound. Reacting on the sound the bird spread its wings. With a sudden gust, it flew, producing heavy air around her. Reaching a certain height it began to circle above them. He whistled again, circling of the bird stopped and changes to the flapping of wings whilst staying at one spot. The bird glanced around at the people on the deck. Randomly, it landed and sat on the head of a lady. Smiling widely she said, "she chose me." The bird stretched its wings, digging its peak in its feathers.

Cressida narrowed her eyes to have a clear look. The bird was holding a gem in its peak. Cressida gaped and looked at Leander, who smiled at her amazement. Dropping the gem the bird flew again and wandered its eye at the people. This time it sat on the head of a man "It's the first time for me," he said. Picking out a blue gem from its feather, the bird dropped it in front of the man. Soon it was choosing one person after another. Cressida didn't understand on what bases the bird was choosing peoples. 'It was random' she thought. Men and women in the ship were laughing and shouting with joy. The door of the cabin opened, the lady with long limbs, his wife came out, scratching her head with barely opened eyes.

"What's this sound? Can't I have a proper sleep?" She complained to Leander.

Leander walked towards her, placing his finger under her chin, he raised her head.