▪Chapter III▪

I sat alone in the far end of school library where I could not be bothered, typing away at my laptop. Word on the street is that Elena is cheating on her boyfriend, Brett, and I hacked into her social media accounts to see if it was true. I was reading all her private messages when I felt another presence at the table.

"Are you Jade Lockwood?"

Eyes fixated on my screen and my nose scrunched I simply replied with my infamous response to that annoying question, "I don't like you so go away."

I was convinced that he did not hear me even if I made my statement loud and clear because he had the nerves to close my laptop.

When my gaze met his I finally realised who it was. Green eyes and a mysterious soul. Well, after discretely hacking into the school's system last night I discovered that his name was Liam Cooper.

"Did you just close my laptop in my face?" I asked still in shock.

"Would you have listened to me if I didn't?"

"No, noooo I wouldn't!" I said in a high pitched voice.

"Look I'm sorry but I really need your help," he begged as I stared at him in confusion.

"What kind of help?"

"I need you to hack into the school's Wi-Fi network and shut it down."

"What makes you think that I know how to hack into the school's network?"

"I may or may not have asked around about you. The trick is to know the right people. Now are you going to help me out or not?"

"You've been here for two minutes, how could you possibly know the "right" people. I'm not helping you." I replied coldly.

"Fine, then how about I tell Elena you're going through her social media."

"How did y-"

"When I approached you your eyes were fixated on your screen and there was a little crease on your forehead. Most people pull that kind of facial expression when they either smell something bad or looking at someone they hate. Word on the street is, you and Elena have bad blood, put two and two together and it gives you your answer. Are you going to help me or not?" He questioned again.

Perplexed and amazed by his insanely accurate ability to point out every tiny precise little detail about everything, I stared at him agape.

"Fine I'll help you, one condition, you tell nobody, not even your cat."

"How did you know I have a cat?"

"There's fur all over your sweater dude."

"Oh." He shrugged as he tapped off the fur on his sweater.

"May I ask why you want me to shut down the school's Wi-Fi network?"

"My maths teacher is going to email my parents because I didn't do his assignment, let's just say I don't want my mum to know."

"Okay, so you're new and an outlaw, welcome to the club," I joked.

"I'm not an outlaw, I just don't want him to email my mum. That's it."

"What are you hiding?"

"Nothing! Why do you assume that I'm hiding something?!," he screeched and that was the mere answer I needed to know that there was definitely something going on with him.

"Fine," I said nonchalantly, hiding my curiosity.

I started typing away at my laptop, inputting a few codes, breaking down the firewall, baby's work.