▪Chapter V▪

I walked hastily towards my desk with the anger and rage of a thousand men. It was getting pretty late so I texted mum and told her I was at Hailee's house.

"Did you find him?"

I sat at my desk typing away at my laptop. The only way to find out for sure if my dad was a drug dealer was through the Dark Web.

"Basic! Did you find him!?"

Lexi's question rang through my ears making me jump off my train of thoughts.

"Yes I found him."

I printed the information I retrieved from the Dark Web and I waited impatiently for it to come out of the printer. I got up, yanked it out and walked to Logan's office.

I slammed the paper on his desk and he stared at me curiously.

"You wanted information on Ricardo didn't you? Well here you go. The gang leader isn't Ricardo. It's someone we thought was a member, Jerry Coleman."

He took the paper and read through with widened eyes.

"Great job. Where did you get this information?"

"Does it matter?" I replied as I raised one of my eyebrows.

"Not to the rest of Hexagon nor to the Police Department, but to me yes."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "The Dark Web."

"Did you leave a trace?"

"No."

"Then that's all I need to know."

I walked out of his office and towards the elevator. With a 'ding' I was back inside the abandoned building and I walked towards my car, getting in and racing home.

I unlocked the door and my mum was sitting in the living room reading a book.

"Hey sweetheart."

She smiled at me and I avoided her gaze, not wanting her to see what a bad day I had.

"Hey, umm I'm really tired so I'm just going to head up to my room."

I walked up the staircase hastily, moving directly to my bedroom. It was dark and gloomy. Only the light of the moon illuminating my bed and nothing else. All was still and quiet and I let my mind work double time, trying to process everything.

I felt nothing. I expected a tear to roll down my cheeks, the same tear I've been keeping at bay for so long now, but it didn't. Instead, I clenched my fists and tried to calm myself down.

I sat on the edge of my bed, repeating the same lines I've been repeating in my head for the past six years, 'It's going to be okay.'

I closed my eyes and everything went dark.

《--->•<---》

The distinct sound of students walking and lockers slamming filled the air as I sat in the library with my eyes closed and my head resting on the table. I heard footsteps approaching and my lips twitched.

"Liam, I see you've come back for more favours."

"Is it that obvious to know when I'm around?" he asked disappointingly.

"Yes, your smell says it all."

"Where did you learn how to read people?"

"Ummm....friends?"

He gave me an I-don't-believe-you look and I scoffed. "Fine, I was self taught."

"Impressive," he commented.