▪Chapter XII▪

I walked into school with Liam's file in my hand. I was desperately looking for him when I accidentally bumped into Hailee.

"Hey girly," she said.

I kept looking for Liam ignoring her, "Hey."

"My eyes are up here." She said and I looked at her.

"I'm sorry, have you seen Liam?" I asked not wasting any time.

"Liam who?"

"Liam Cooper, the new transfer student."

She looked stunned, as if it was the first she had heard the name. Which is evidently true, she had not heard it from me at least.

"Anyway, I need to find him."

"Does this have something to do with Hexagon?" she asked in a casual manner.

"Yes, they killed his parents." I said bluntly without any hesitation.

"Jade!" she half shouted half whispered, clearly not expecting my response.

"Were you a part of it when it happened?" She asked terrified.

"No! I would never!" I shouted as she took in a breath of relief.

"Oh okay. I thought Hexagon did only good."

"There was a time I thought so too."

In the distance I saw Liam walk by, with his bag slung over his shoulder, heading towards the library.

"Oh. Found him, gotta go," I said but could not move because Hailee stopped me.

"Ohh hell no. I'm coming with you."

Before I could protest Hailee was already infront of me heading towards the library. That girl is more than a handful. I pushed the door open and saw him sitting in a corner, books sprawled out infront of him, giving the impression that he was buried deep in his schoolwork.

I walked up to him and handed him the file. He shot me a weird look before reading on the cover.

"Where did you get this?" He queried.

"Stole it from Hexagon." I grinned as I motioned for him to open it up.

"Whooaaa whoaaa wait, so he knows?" questioned Hailee quite perplexed by Liam's nonchalance towards the name Hexagon.

"Yeah he saw me the other day talking to Logan."

Liam opened the file and went through it, carefully analyzing every inch of every photo and every letter of every word. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes as a frown formed on his lips.

I sat across from him and he put the file down as he leaned back in his chair and rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb.

"Yeah, it's all true." He let out a breath of exasperation and looked at me.

"Well, we will find justice, don't worry," was all I said, for the moment. There was not much I could promise.

"Okay, so what now?" asked Hailee as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I'm not sure. I made quite a scene at Hexagon. I found out that Logan knew me before he recruited me and he lied to me. I need to talk to my dad which I'm supposed to be doing after school today. I will help you get closure Liam don't worry and I need to find out what Hexagon is planning next, which is going to be hard since I don't trust anyone there anymore."

Hailee stopped me, "Aren't you forgetting something?"

I took a second to go through my mental to-do list, making sure I did not miss anything important. "Uhh, nope. That's about it."