Twenty

Dedication: @zomogo for being the first one to vote on chapter 19 :) ilysm and thank youu!

Harry was appalled to see Louis standing at his door. He thought that he was rid of him once and for all. He was trying to move on from him and the hurt that he had felt. Just when he thought that he was making progress, the Devil himself was standing on the other side of the door.

"I knew Kendall wouldn't have sent me a package," Harry muttered. He sighed deeply, cursing himself for being so stupid. "I have nothing to say to you, Louis."

"I have things to say to you, Harry. I want to explain everything to you," Louis rushed out as Harry started to close the door.

"I don't care what you want, Louis. Whatever it was that was going on between us, it's over. I'm trying to move on with my life and move past...you," Harry sneered, not having the energy to listen to Louis whine to him and try to "win" back his heart for his games.

"Please, Harry. I know you probably hate me -"

"Probably?" Harry snorted.

"Okay, I know you hate me. But I need you to hear me out. I came to a few realizations today and I just...I need to tell you. My conscience won't be clear until I do," Louis begged.

"You are so narcissistic. You're trying to find a way to turn yourself into the victim, like you're the one that got hurt. You're the one that got lied to and got played. You're the one that got their feelings fucked around with. I'm not going to let you victimize yourself, Louis. You're not the victim here - I am. I'm the one that is dealing with the psychological damage that you caused. I'm the one that got their heart fucked around with. I'm the one that is going to have even bigger trust issues from here on out when it comes to relationship partners. I'm the one that has to suffer with long term effects. You're in the fucking clear. You're the one that caused the pain - you didn't receive it," Harry jabbed. He wasn't going to listen to him not take responsibility.

Louis opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it again. Harry knew that he would shut him up. He went to close the door, but for some ungodly reason, Louis decided to find his voice. "Harry, wait."

"Louis, I don't have-"

"I know that I fucked up, okay? I can explain everything. What I did was extremely terrible and fucking twisted, but I didn't realize just what kind of feelings I had for you until I lost you. Harry, I'm so sorry. I know you can never forgive me, but if you could just let me explain everything to you so you understand," Louis pleaded.

Harry was silent. He wasn't sure if he should give Louis another chance. Part of him told him to slam the door in his face and forget Louis Tomlinson ever existed, but the other part of him told him to listen to him. He was curious as to why Louis did what he did, the details, if he really did use Harry. The thing he wanted to know most, however, was why he ratted him out to Ellie. With a deep breath, Harry gave Louis a once over.

"I'm not doing this right now, Louis. If I wanted to, I would've asked," Harry said evenly and shut the door, locking it so Louis didn't follow him in. He was leaning towards giving the guy a chance to explain himself, but he wasn't going to just give in. Might as well fuck with him a little bit and keep him wallowing. It was only fair.

----

Louis felt stupid. He should've known that Harry wasn't going to drop everything and forgive him, let alone listen to him. The boy was a gentle flower, one that Louis had stomped on and nearly ruined. Or maybe he did ruin him, like Harry had said. He bruised his trust. If anyone in show business knew how important trust was, it was Louis. The only person that he could ever trust to not take advantage of him or fuck him over was Justin. And Harry. He knew that Harry wouldn't fuck him over, he knew that he could get Harry to trust him, and he knew that Harry was too gullible to think otherwise unless otherwise prompted. Louis knew that Harry was one of the sweetest people in their world. Those were all the reasons that he chose him.