Just A Hunch

First I wanna say thank you for reading this story if you are. Please vote and comment. I appreciate every single one of you from the bottom of my heart. You guys are so special.

Please take some time to Read my other stories, The Happiness of Tragedy and Moon Child :)))

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

[All the pictures that are posted on each chapter are just to give you an idea, enjoy!]

Two weeks before...

"Zoe!!"

I ran to the back door and opened it, stepping out onto the porch. I looked around.

I saw a very fast figure coming from the woods behind our house. Dad.

"Zoe!!" He ran fast toward me. He was carrying someone. He was crying.

I squinted.

"Mom?!" I covered my mouth, "MOM!!"

I could see dad's face more clearly now. It was red with anger. The tears made him look like her just crawled out of water.

Then I looked down at mom. She was lifeless. Pale and her hair was turning gray.

The tears began then, "what happen?" I whispered. I put my hand on his arm.

"They killed her" he looked at me then swallowed. His eyes were puffy and red.

"They?!" I said but he just looked at me.

"We have to call the ambulance" I stood up fast off the ground.

"No Zoe, we can't. They won't know what to do with her. She's not human" he says, sniffing.

"What do you mean?! We have to help her dad, please!" I try picking her up.

Dad just looks at me, "Zoe, it's too late. That time has passed" he puts his head down onto moms chest and cries.

"I'm so sorry" he says through moms shirt.

I sit down on the ground and I held on to them both, crying my eyes out. Until there was no more tears left to cry.

~.~.~.~

One week later....

I sat on my bed wiping my wet eyes. I couldn't shake the fact that mom was...gone.

I stood up and walked over to my window and I saw dad outside. He was putting more flowers down on the ground from where mom was buried, as he leaned on one knee. His shoulders rising and falling from crying. He ran his hands through his hair, then he got up, wiped his face and walked back toward the house.

I went over to my bed and layed back down.

I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to introduce myself before, my name is Zoe Hyland. I live in Pasadena, New Jersey. I am the only child and I am 16 years old. I am also a Hybrid, which I just learned a week ago. I couldn't believe my parents waited so late to tell me. No wonder they kept a close eye.

Last year, they had took me out of school early because I got into a fight with some guy. Yup, a guy. He thought it was okay to touch me so I picked him up and threw him across the courtyard. And yeah I said threw. Well, first I got in trouble for pushing someone, making then hit the floor and slide back a few feet. I questioned my strength but I never let it get to me too much enough to ask my parents. I just tried to keep my distance. But that was before.

Now I didn't have too.

A hybrid is a werewolf and vampire together, stronger then both. My mom was a vampire and my dad a werewolf. So together, that's me. I have super strength, speed and I even learned to jump a couple feet in the air. By a couple, I mean 8 or less.

I got used to these type of powers and figured that was all I would ever have to deal with but since last week when my mom died, that thought changed.

"Zoe, your different" dad said, "your so much more special then me and your mom and anyone else"

"How is that?" I asked.

"I don't know yet, but I know it'll happen soon enough and I might not be around to help you with your new abilities"

"Well that's okay, maybe I can help myself" I was kind of mad then. Them not telling me the most important part of my life made me question what else they hid from me. Maybe a secret vamp or werewolf society trained to fight the bad. I didn't know.

My mom.

Thinking about her now made me want to cry. She was killed by a group called the High Rollers, they were a high powered group of dhampirs.

Dhampirs are very strong vampires, also deadly. They fight and train to kill other bad vamps or werewolves or whatever other supernatural beings are out there. Come to think about it, I don't really know what's out there.

They killed my mom and it was my fault. Because they wanted me. They want my blood, since I've been the only Hybrid since years back.

Your special Zoe. I could hear my dad saying it now but I don't think theres anything special about me. If I'm so special, then how come my mom of all people had to die.

"Zoe, I know you might not like this" I looked at dad, "but I'm sending you away"

I swallowed.

"There's a great camp for you to meet new friends and I can't have you staying here. Your in danger" he announces, "your mother would want that"

"I don't" he stopped cleaning the dishes and looked at me, "I don't want to make new friends dad, I want mom back"

"I know. Me too honey. I'm sorry, its for your own good. I'll be alright here as long as your there" he told me.

And with that, I was packing a few my things. Throwing them into the bag. I guess I should be happy going away from here. But what about dad? What would happen to him? He's an Alpha Leader but I still don't trust that the high rollers could still be able to kill him.

Today is Friday, and I leave for this camp on Sunday. It's in Pennsylvania and I was not looking forward to meeting anyone, my new abilities, or leaving my dad behind.

I just wanted my life to be back to normal. Where there's no such thing as Vampires or Werewolves. But that won't happen, ever.

Please vote♡