Darkness

"Okay, now as I've said before someone is coming here. I've known her for a long time and she's just going to give you guys an examination. She's a nurse and she's also an aura seer" Margaret tells the class.

"Why do we need an examination?" I look over at Chelsea. Still the same Chelsea, I'm still shocked she apologized to me.

"Because I just want to make sure there's nothing unusual going on. Just a quick test, it's no big deal Chels" she speaks directly to Chelsea but her eyes scan the room.

I become nervous all of a sudden. What if they suddenly sense there's something going on in my body that I'm not even aware of or have any clue how to control it?

"Someone will come get you guys when it's your turn and you'll do whatever she asks you too. And don't worry, it'll be quick. I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind anyway, I'm giving you a free day today" she switches her body position putting all her weight on her right leg. Everyone starts talking amongst themselves, it's good that we get a free day but I would love to practice more.

"With that being said, do whatever it is you guys want too" she announces before everyone starts to get out of there seats. The chairs and tables create a collision of noises that subside when everyone heads for the door.

"And please don't give her a hard time or I will be happy to sit with her during your examinations" she yells while everyone heads through the door.

I'm still sitting. I don't know what to do. Jake still sat next to me as we watched everyone pile like sardines trying to head out the same door. John looks at Margaret and she shakes her head. He walks to her and they start talking.

"So, what's your plans?" Jake stans and looks at me. He holds out his hands to help me up so I take it and push my chair in before following him to the door.

"What exactly did Marg tell you before you came over to sit next to me?" I ask him. He looks at me in confusion before is face relaxes and he smiles.

"She just wanted me to keep an eye on you, she also wants me to help you by practicing" one of his eyebrows raise.

"And how did she know I wanted to practice?" I asked him, I do want to practice but maybe on my own for a little.

"I don't know"

We headed toward the steps and sat down on them. He sat so close his shoulder brushed against mines. I could smell him, that midnight smell that gets me everytime. I couldn't get enough of it but then I smelled something else. The lemon-mint smell and I looked around, I was sure Xander would come up somewhere alongside Mia.

"So how do we do this then?" I ask him. He looked over at me and his face was close to mine. He put his knees to his chest and leaned on them with his elbows. My eyes scanned him. He wore his black boots with with some plain black pants and a black tshirt. I could reach out in touch his arm but I didn't. His skin was like a very white cream and pale but he seemed to make it look so good. I bit my lip and Jake smiled before looking away.

"You want to go outside? We could use weapons if you want. It'll be just us" he stood up and his broad back was to me when he headed toward the door. He opened it and looked out before closing it back.

"The weather's great" he says.

I nod and stand up, "okay, let me go grab something and I'll be right back down" I tell him.

He nods and I smile before heading up the stairs. I can feel his eyes on me as I head toward my room. He's leaning his back against the door with his arms folded. I go into my room and shut the door, leaning against it. I close my eyes, and think. What is wrong with you Zoe? Make up your mind, do you want Xander or Jake?