Your Special

"Wake up baby, wake up"  mom whispered.

"Its time to wake up"

I opened my eyes.

Everything was black. All around me was just black space and I was floating in it.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

I closed my eyes and opened them again and I saw someone. Someone floating toward me and they wore a white gown.

It was Mom. I recognized her beautiful red curls and the outline of her perfect face. Her blue eyes that seemed brighter everytime she smiled.

"Mom?" I spoke in my mind but it was out loud, like I could speak without speaking.

"Zoe honey, it's time to wake up" she whispered again.

"Mom, I- please let me talk to you. I miss you so much" I swallowed.

She started to slowly float away into the darkness and I could feel myself moving father away from her then.

"Mom! Wait please!" I screamed then closed my eyes.

"Zoe dear, time will tell. Now wake up"

I heard voices in the distance then. More then one but it wasn't moms voice.

My eyes started to flutter open and I sat up straight to quickly.

"Oh my god" I practically screamed.

"Zoe!" Xander said.

"Its okay" that was Jake.
They were both standing next to the couch I was laying on.

As I looked around, I realized it was Margaret's office. John was standing over in the corner with his hands out in front of him like he was ready for an attack at any moment.

"What happened?" I said, rubbing the back of my head. I moved upright so that I could place my feet on the floor.

"You fainted after you became invisible then visible again. The whole class freaked, it was pretty awesome" Xander blurted out but then Jake elbowed him and gave him a confused look.

"Oh" I said putting my head down.

"What? It's the truth" Xander says.

"Yeah but she just woke up, you think she's ready to hear all that stuff yet" Jake says, eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay boys, that's enough" John says coming toward us.

"Thanks for helping me guys, you can go" Margaret tells them and she watches as John leads them out the office door.

I look at Margaret and she smiles and sits next to me on the couch.

"So you really don't remember what happened Zoe?" She asked me with a worried look.

"Now I do, I mean I remember I was invisible which is so weird"

"That was amazing Zoe. Even if you might not think so. And maybe that's not the only gift you'll get" she explained, she sat her hand on my arm.

"But I don't want these gifts, the others probably looked at me and thought I was a freak. Oh! Look the freak that turns invisible!" I stood up and raised my arms in the air.

  "Zoe, your mom or dad wouldn't think these gifts make you a freak. That's all that matters" she stands up and walks toward her desk and sits down in the chair.

"Yeah" I thought about it now. She's right, they are the ones who made me this way. If it wasn't for them having me I probably wouldn't have these gifts and everyone thinks being hybrid is so special. Wonder why I didn't feel special right now?

"You'll see Zoe" she stops writing something down and looks at me, "you'll realize how important this all really is"

I smile at her and head for the door. Then I remember what mom had said when I was knocked out. I turn back toward her, "Margaret? Do you think I could have a gift maybe through communication from the other side?"

"What do you mean?" She put down the pen then and folded her hands on the desk.

"After I fainted, I uh saw my mom", she raised her eyebrows, "she said something about time will tell" I closed my eyes to remember.

"Then she told me to wake up" I opened them and looked over at Margaret.

"Well Zoe, maybe it wasn't your mom. You were just in shock and imagined her. And even if it was a gift, I've never heard of hybrids having some sort of communication from the other side"

I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a breath. Even if it wasn't mom, she seemed so real.

"Have you ever heard of a hybrid with invisibility powers Magaret?" I folded my arms.

I could tell she thought about it for a minute, "um no. I've never heard of that"

I turned to open the office door and before I closed it, "then I won't give up on hopes that I can communicate with my mom or for that matter anyone" I closed the door.

I stopped in the middle of the hallway to see if I could find Xander or Jake to talk to but they were nowhere to be found. Then I saw Mia, Christian, James, Alex and Emily all talking amongst themselves. I was going to head upstairs to the room to lay down but then Mia spotted me.

"Zoe!" She ran toward me and my eyes grew wide.

I laughed a little, "what's up?" I caught her in a hug.

Then I saw that everyone else had decided to come over to where I was.

"Hey Zoe, what the hell was that in class?" Alex said, they must've been talking the entire time I was out in Margaret's office.

"Um I don't know. It just happened and-"

"Well it was amazing! We've never seen anything like that before" Christian announced.

Mia looked at me and her eyes grew big and she smiled so wide. Everyone started asking me question and saying how cool it was what happened in class. I guess they don't think I'm a freak after all. I began to wonder what my other gifts could be?

"My roommate is the bomb" she squeezed my hand and threw her arm around my neck.

I couldn't help but smile at the idea of everyone talking about me. Before I arrived here, I would've hated every attention I had received back at my old school and now it wasn't so bad. I was finally fitting in with people that mattered to me.

Hello readers! Thanks for reading :)))
Please remember to vote and comment, let me know how I'm doing

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hows the book so far? I'm doing my best to write more and stuff

I've also been reading alot of books which inspired me to write stories on here.

Do you guys have book recommendations pls comment them! I love you guys!♡