Thank You

When I woke up this morning, the room was still dark and it was eerily quiet. I rolled to my other side and check the time on the nightstand, 9:15am.

"Mia?" I try to silently call for her. But she doesn't answer.

I crawl to the edge of my bed and push the covers away from me. I reach over to turn the light on the night stand on. I look over at her bed and to my surprise, she's not there. Where could she be?

I swallow, thinking of last night. How I practically begged her to tell me who she liked and now she probably doesn't feel the same way. She probably doesn't even want to talk to me. All because of a crush, I just might've lost the only closest friend I had.

I let out a breath, "what's wrong with you Zoe?" I say to myself. I run a hand through my hair and get up to head toward the bathroom. I take a quick shower, brush my teeth and get dressed wearing a blue shirt that reveals my stomach just a little and some blue jeans. I grab my blue converses and head toward the door.

I shut the door and head toward the cafe first. No one's in the halls, everyone must be occupied and there must not be practice today.

I open the door to the cafe and it shuts behind me. I don't move until I know for sure she's in here. My eyes scan the little bit of people scattered. Everyone but Mia. And also Emily, Grace and Dylan.

I shake my head before I head toward the breakfast line. I figured I should eat first, grabbing a bagel, some cream cheese and a water. I head to a table and sit all by myself. I don't know why, there's plenty of other people to sit with. I try my best to eat as much as I can.

I put my head in my hands before looking up. My eyes scan the room and I spot James and Alex, they sit at a table with Chelsea. She sits on the side of James. He has his arm around her waist while he tells her things in her ear. She doesn't look like she's enjoying it though as she pushes him away gently. Alex sits on the other side and laughs at them, shaking his blond head.

She rolls her eyes clearly annoyed and then somehow they land on mine. Her eyes turn to slits and she moves in her seat before pushing James away again, standing up and making her way over to my table. My eyes stay on her and out the corner I can see James hold his hands out in the air.

She reaches my table and stands there with her arms folded.

"Hi" she looks down nervously at the floor before clawing into the seat across from me.

"Um hi?" I say, I look down at my plate. Chelsea has beauty to her. With her piercing ocean blue eyes and blonde hair but if you stare into her eyes too long, it's as if she could turn you to stone.

She clears her throat after a couple awkward minutes, "I'm sorry I didn't say thank you yesterday, it was selfish and stupid of me"

I look at her and try to process what she's saying. I open my mouth to speak but she continues.

"I know I can let my jealousy get the best of me sometimes" she unfolds her arms and relaxes on the table a little. Only a little.

"Its fine, I just wanted to help, you didn't have to be rude" I finally respond.

"I know and I'm sorry" she leans on the table and looks down. I grab my water and drink some of it before grabbing the rest of my things and heading for the trash can.

I have to find Mia so I head for the cafe doors again.

"Where are you going?" She calls behind me and I turn around.

"To go find someone" I tell her before turning back around toward the door. I push it open ready to leave.

"Thank you" she calls again. I stop in my tracks. Shes finally saying thank you for what I did for her. I'm shocked but I'm sure they'll be other times just like this one.